Must sees when considering a move?

Hey all! I've loved reading your forum the last few days-- lots of great info here! We're traveling to Belize in November. I have oodles of info on what to see and do as a tourist but I'm wondering if anyone has tips or recommendations on what to see as someone considering a move within the next year?

Current plan is to spend half our time on they cayes and half our time in San Ignacio. Not sure at this point what part we might be interested in staying in. Kind of open to whatever makes the most sense. We do have a kiddo but she won't be with us on this trip. Thanks for any advice!!

I can only recommend what we did to get a feel for what we were considering to be our new home. We started to visit places we figured we would be going if we lived in Belize.

1. Visit the grocery stores, market, hardware stores.
2. Visit a car dealership or two.
3. Go to the pharmacy.
4. The Vet (if you have animals)
5. Go to the local doctor's office
6. Go to the local hospital.
7. Certainly go to other stores that the locals go to.
8. Go to restaurants that are not the tourist restaurants.
9. Walk around the neighbourhood of where you think you will buy.
10. Talk with people in the neighbourhood.
11. Meet and talk with expats that live in Belize.
12. Go to Spanish Lookout since you will be in San Ignacio.

These are not really specific things to see, but ideas for you. This is what we did, so some free advice.

Do what you want to do, that's my best suggestion. If in Corozal, see the Hawk, everybody needs a Pirate in their lives lol.

agree with 2flyaway & Hawk ........  Each of the 5 districts are different.  the cayes are different from mainland and the cayes differ from one another.   take your time and really explore what life is like when you live here.  ask questions everywhere.   I have found all the people to be willing to share their views & experiences.