Moving to Bahrain in Oct: What to Carry

Hi Friends

Atlast the dates are being confirmed for my movement to Bahrain.   I would need your advice on what necessary things I need to carry along with me. A list would help a lot.

Looking forward to your help.

Regards
Ramso

Hi

Good news that you are finally moving here :D

What is your luggage allowance?

Do you have a shipment of personal effects to follow you or are you just bringing the one suitcase?

Can you afford excess baggage?

What sort of things do you have?

Well the only thing you should not be bringing is thick clothes. Just bring one or two for some unusually cold nights which only happen once in a blue moon. You are likely to find everything else you need in Bahrain. Of course it is wise to ask your company to pay for an excess baggage. As this will be your first move, they are likely to accept that.

That's a good question Josnuggles but am not sure about the luggage allowance. As of now am planning to get one suitcase and a few kitchen utensils so that i can cook on my own.
I can afford excess baggage.

You get all Indian stuff over here  on reasonable price , so apart from your personal things i dont see much to bring. Even utensils,  Indian cook wares are easily available here.

akhil004 wrote:

You get all Indian stuff over here  on reasonable price , so apart from your personal things i dont see much to bring. Even utensils,  Indian cook wares are easily available here.

Thanks Akhil...so I will take all your advice to get just the personal things and buy stuffs there.

Regards
Ramso

I agree with akhil's suggestion. Just bring personal stuff.

I too remember arriving in Bahrain with just two bags of personal things, not too long ago. :)

Best wishes for a smooth and successful move and for a fulfilling and rewarding life and career in Bahrain.

Hi All,

Thanks. I just have a few more questions. Is it adviseable to carry an Induction stove and a pressure cooker with me when am traveling. I ofcourse see that the forum members have indicated the availability of utensils at cheap cost. Am just enquiring since I have new ones at home that have not yet been used and thinking of using it in Bahrain.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards
Ramesh

I would check with the airline about the cooker - the pressure cooker should be okay. These are heavy bulky items and probably will take up a lot of your luggage allowance. Personally I would leave them behind

I would also leave them behind. You can easily buy them here in Bahrain - there are plenty of choices in malls here (Bahrain City Centre Mall has Carrefour and it has a dedicated section cookery and the prices seem reasonable - depending on your requirements). There are much more important things you should consider bringing in.

Of course, if your company is paying for an extra luggage or two, then why not bring it?

Thanks Brightonguy and Josnuggles...will consider your suggestions and plan accordingly.

And thanks to all who have designed such an wonderful forum....very helpful for everyone...

Regards
Ramesh

You're welcome. Let us know how your move goes along and if you need any further help.

Good luck!

Let us know how you settle in, once you are here.

Best wishes!

Thanks all. Flying in on 7th October, Monday.

Just one more query:

Am traveling from Bangalore, India

1. I have my work Visa
2. Passport Stamping will happen when I reach Bahrain (Am I right)
3. What all documents do I need to carry apart from Passport,Photo, Medical Certificate, Original education records, appointment letter from employer and Sponsorship letter.

Regards
Ramesh

ramso wrote:

Thanks all. Flying in on 7th October, Monday.

Just one more query:

Am traveling from Bangalore, India

1. I have my work Visa
2. Passport Stamping will happen when I reach Bahrain (Am I right)
3. What all documents do I need to carry apart from Passport,Photo, Medical Certificate, Original education records, appointment letter from employer and Sponsorship letter.

Regards
Ramesh

I would carry a medical cert to say all of your innoculations are up to date. Just in case

This isn't necessary but for yellow fever etc it could help you

I think you have everything covered, but to be sure - email your HR dept and ask them if this is all you need