Need help with some back ground checking!

Hello There,
I'm a 24 yrs old guy from New Delhi(India), i have been offered a job with Bedoon essm, it is a fashion retail chain based in KSA...i accepted the offer in june and it has been 4 months but the job consultant(agent) says that the visa will still take atleast 2 weeks to arrive...and the reason he states is that the saudi gov has recently made the visa process very strict, which i have also heard about, but i'm suspicious as they are asking me to pay for the visa and one way ticket.
although the interview as conducted by the company's sourcing(Chinese)and HR(Indian),but i'm feeling that it can be a scam.

another thing is that in this day and age the company's website looks very basic, without any proper information about the company....i have tried my best to find about an ex-employee on google, facebook, linkedIn but couldn't find anyone.

So what do u guys think about this situation??? is it a scam or is this the normal?? also it would be great if anyone living in dammam can find out any information on "bedoon essm"??

thank u! will wait for your replies.

they are asking me to pay for the visa and one way ticket.

Forget it, it's a scam.

Hi asyism,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Please note that your post is now on the Dammam Forum :)

Thank you

P.s: mas fred - Thank you for your contribution :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Its not a Fake company, i have to once saw a add with regards to a Job that they had posted for Warehouse Inventory In charge...Its not a bogus company they have there showrooms in most of the malls here they mostly sell Abayas..They all women working in every showroom here.

Thanks

The company is not fake , but if the agent is asking money then be careful. There is a high chance of scam with a probability of you being ending up in the wrong job and with less pay. The current situation in KSA is very strict and I urge you to contact the company , get more details and inform about the agents. If the company asks to pay the agent, forget abt this job.

Most companies in the abaya's , makeup, women underwear…ets retail business are struggling with finding positions for their current males employees since by law all workers on these fields who are giving services to the public must be females….Just saying

As others said, the company is out there and its known for their abaya shops, but asking you to pay is a big NO NO…not a good way to start your employement with them

Ooooppsssssss...
Its not scam... Its company here. Check out more details @ bedoonessm.com.sa/site/

well thank you guys!!!!! i know that the company exists and according to the agents the reason why the company is asking me to pay for my visa and one way ticket is that whenever a company hire an expat employee they have to pay their government a certain amount of money and if an employee quits within a few months, that money is the company's loss then.
now i don't know if that is really the truth or these agents are way too smart.
anyways i think i am going to call the company's dammam office and cross check.