Urgent Help needed.

A very good day to all dear fellows.

Does anyone of you personaly know the "ALTUZ RENT-A-CAR". If  yes, then i really want to seek your help.

Last month, i was on a holiday trip at Malaysia and hired a rent a car from this company. I paid them the rent, however they claimed that they earlier blocked MYR 1500 from my credit card, however when i returned back the vehicle, the amount was deducted. They assured me that the amount will be credited to the account, but even after a month they have not. I am currently in Oman and following up with Altuz rent car but im not really getting a proper response.

Can anyone of you support me in contacting there locally and ask about it.

The following is the contact number:

Altuz Rent a Car.

Contact name : Nandini
GSM Number : 01133055833

I would be highly obliged if im able to get a help through this forum.

Thanks and regards,
Shabbir.
GSM: 00968-97099361

Hi Shabbir,

You may want to try the following contact numbers of their Ampang Branch.

1) 016-201 4001
2) 03-2163 5855

KT!
I have these numbers .. im actually residing at Oman.... ...  they claimed that they bloked my ampunt earlier but at the time of final payment , I came to know that it was actually deducted. Then the manager (Nandini) assured that it wud be returned back in 3 weeks... but im unable to get anythig so far.i have a strong fweling that the deducted amount will not be recovered. Thats y I thought of contacting a malaysian through this forum so that it might cud help me to get my money back. The number which I have mentioned is the gsm number if the manager.

Regards
Syed shabbir.

Strange idea that some stranger should intervene on your behalf.  Suggest you research more contacts of the HQ or possibly management and escalate the issue as high as possible.  Things do take time in Malaysia - we had a customer complaint that took 2 months to sort out and only after contacting the CEO directly who got it sorted. Staff are not empowered to help.  Try ringing and asking for contacts in their accounts department who will be handling the credit card reversal.

Gravitas!
Ur correct :)... its quite strange... however I just thought of using every possible platform.... as I know noone in malaysia........ !!

Im indeed intouch with these guys ....but for yhe last 2 days... I aint get any response which made me a bit concerned

If you paid by credit card you should be able to recover the amount by following the procedure to report a problem with a purchase you made or an unpaid refund. 

I did this once and it was great the CC company took over the problem and sorted it out directly.  After all it is a case of fraud if they do not pay you back and you have documentation which the credit card company can use to put pressure on them to return the money and not get blacklisted.

You should be speaking to their accounts department to sort this out and not staff at the various rental collection points.

Gravitas!
Thanks alot friend... i didn't think about contacting the CC company.... I'll do it and will see if i cud still manage to get it back !

Ah dont worry, I used Altuz many times before, they are trust worthy.. its pretty normal to hold such deposits, you know things in Malaysia are rather slow to check traffic fines and stuff and process refunds, that include deposits. I got mine and you will get yours I'm sure...cheers!:)

Dear Fellows and Especially Gravitas!

Many thanks for the suggestions. I was able to recover this amount with the involvement of the CC company. ALtuz rent a car was contacted and notified accordingly. They cleared the amount within a day's time in order to avoid being blacklisted. I was really glad to recover the amount.

Thanks Gravitas for mentioning that specific point which I didn't even think of.

See you Malaysia :)

Great to hear the (happy) end of the story (wish more people were polite enough to do so !!).

All the very best.