Good swimming pool with lanes?

hello guys,

I am looking for a good swimming pool in St Julians / Sliema / balluta bay areas if possible.

I have been at the pool in balluta bay, the one near the beach but I wasn't impressed... no lanes, people swimming in unorganized fashion, bit of mess.

So is there a proper 25 mts or 50 mts swimming pool with Lanes for sports / professional training?

thanks
Gabrio

The National Pool in Gzira is close to Sliema and there tends to be ample space during the day with lanes of both 50 and 25m. They also started sending around thee schedules when there are lanes booked by clubs or due to waterpolo.

tnx!!

"I have been at the pool in balluta bay, the one near the beach but I wasn't impressed... no lanes, people swimming in unorganized fashion, bit of mess."

sounds to me like normal living in Malta LOL

toonarmy9752 wrote:

"I have been at the pool in balluta bay, the one near the beach but I wasn't impressed... no lanes, people swimming in unorganized fashion, bit of mess."

Cmon its not ALL malta like that. Gotta give it to melita for example tech showed up 07.30 on a saturday.. That was excellent!

of course not - i know that - but its what is prominent that people remember.

I have to say that Melita for me is superb and so is JDS Home superb service....... and i dont give my accolades out lightly.

some would say "if at all"

LOL

holgerMalta wrote:

The National Pool in Gzira is close to Sliema and there tends to be ample space during the day with lanes of both 50 and 25m. They also started sending around thee schedules when there are lanes booked by clubs or due to waterpolo.

How about if say i go after work at 18ish... Is it gonna be pack?

Cheers
Gabrio

gabrio wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

Cmon its not ALL malta like that. Gotta give it to melita for example tech showed up 07.30 on a saturday.. That was excellent!

Lol, thay's so he could get all his 'real' work done, leaving him time for his 'on the side' job using Melita's equipment!

They hold lots of swimming courses for children, so the side lanes most likely will be occupied by groups of children, but the middle lanes are open for public.

They also have water polo training for different age groups, so better to check that schedule as well, however my understanding is that some of the lanes in one of the pools is always available for public during opening hours.

pevi wrote:

They hold lots of swimming courses for children, so the side lanes most likely will be occupied by groups of children, but the middle lanes are open for public.

They also have water polo training for different age groups, so better to check that schedule as well, however my understanding is that some of the lanes in one of the pools is always available for public during opening hours.

Is there any other good swimming pool more central location? We have been today in Mater Dei area (hospital) and it seems that this swimming pool is in that area. Considering the bus services not being that efficient there is a bit too far for us...

so something either Sliema o st julians? is there anything decent with lanes? we found mostly pools in hotels and they're not what I am looking for...

thanks
Gabrio

I would love to swim at the pool at Ta Qali as it is the closest to our house, but it's so expensive! € 10 each time, € 80 for a monthly subscription, € 170 for three months!

It's that what happens when pools are not subsidised by the town council?? :(

I believe the National Swimming Pool is Msida is a bit cheaper, but I gotta find out how to get there then ...