Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

Resident visa/ family visa

Hi all:)

This is my third week here in Riyadh. I am employed as a teacher by QEHC.

However, I need to get my husband to Riyadh  but I am still awaiting my Iqama. The company has told me that my Iqama will not be done until my degree is attested in Egypt and this could take 2 months.

What are my options of getting my husband here?
Any advice would be helpful at this stage as I do not know who else to contact. My embassy in South Africa says they need approval from the Kingdom.

Before you get your iqama, honestly you have absolutely no options to get him here.

Giving you a heads up, majority of lady teachers here could never get their husbands on family visa. Usually because their employers deviated from their original promises or the clause of family status was missing in their contracts.

If nothing works, a last resort is to invite your husband on a short-term visit visa that will be extendible to 9 months max. You'll have to do it on your own and of course you need iqama for that too.

TheLegendLeads :

Before you get your iqama, honestly you have absolutely no options to get him here.

Giving you a heads up, majority of lady teachers here could never get their husbands on family visa. Usually because their employers deviated from their original promises or the clause of family status was missing in their contracts.

If nothing works, a last resort is to invite your husband on a short-term visit visa that will be extendible to 9 months max. You'll have to do it on your own and of course you need iqama for that too.

:one

Hello,
My question is unrelated to your topic but I wanted to ask you about QEHC. I just got an offer from them to teach at PNU. Could you please tell me how they're treating you and if they abide by the contract? Also, how are the accommodations?
Your help on this matter will be highly appreciated!

Zanzoona :

Hello,
My question is unrelated to your topic but I wanted to ask you about QEHC. I just got an offer from them to teach at PNU. Could you please tell me how they're treating you and if they abide by the contract? Also, how are the accommodations?
Your help on this matter will be highly appreciated!

If you ask this as a seperate / new thread in the forum then you might get better response.

Hi Nazneen, I have also been offered a position with QEHC. There communication process is almost non- existent. Hence, I would like to know a few things such as do they expect me to pay for a visa, airfare or anything else? If so how much money are we talking about?

Many thanks.
Dawn

Hi Dawn

I only worked for them for a year.

It was a miserable year!

They employed me for a position and when I got here I was unable to work there. I had to work at another place not what my contract said.

There were times when I would get paid after 2 weeks. Then too I had to beg for my money.

They lost my husbands passport and it cost me almost SR 7000 because of their mistake.

They are unprofessional. they make everything you want a hard time. Their apartments are the middle of some area.  Not a compound!!! Which they lied to me about in my contract! The man who used to clean the area was forward and touchy!!!

Mmm theres so much I can tell you.

At the end its if you wana take the risk!

Yes, they pay for flights and visa and the rest. Not medicals. Money then was around SR 11750 basic

Are you still teaching in the Middle East?

I know it wasn't the best experience, but hey like with everything you have to start somewhere right? Also you stayed there for a year. My real question is did you get your full pay for that time?

Yes I did

I am still in Saudi Arabia but at a school this time

Ask your company to issue visit visa for them

Dear Nazneen
I've been offered a contract with QEHC and I'm trying to decide if it's a good or bad move. Your post was very informative thank u! So far they have also promised me a furnished apartment and that my visa and medical costs will be reimbursed. I don't mind living in less than luxurious conditions as long as they pay and pay on time. Apart from what u mentioned already was there anything else really bad about the company that I should be worried about? Did they meet you at the airport?

Moving to Riyadh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Riyadh

Travel insurance in Riyadh

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Riyadh

Flights to Riyadh

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Riyadh