Successfully opened bank account with BoV from the UK

Hi All,

Just wanted to tell everyone, we successfully opened a bank account with BoV from the UK.

Took a couple of months because of the bank reference being sent directly to my home instead of to BoV and it being digitally signed but my local branch of Barclays kindly stamped and counter signed it stating it was the original and BoV excepted it.

Was told to email them once I had transferred some money and then they would arrange our electron cards

That's another thing crossed off my list of to do's.

If anyone wan't more information then please fell free to PM me.

Ken

Well done ken! I'm furious with mine cos I done same and ain't heard nothing so phoned Halifax today and they said they can't send me a reference to myself and won't send out of uk so I'm snookered! Everyone moan about Malta on here uk is worse! Don't know what to do now don't see why they can't send me a reference when it's my account. I have a business Barclays account wonder if I should try that instead x

Denisemac1 wrote:

Well done ken! I'm furious with mine cos I done same and ain't heard nothing so phoned Halifax today and they said they can't send me a reference to myself and won't send out of uk so I'm snookered! Everyone moan about Malta on here uk is worse! Don't know what to do now don't see why they can't send me a reference when it's my account. I have a business Barclays account wonder if I should try that instead x

Hi Denise

Did you go down to your local Halifax and get them to sign the letter giving BoV authorisation to obtain a reference?

Is you business account still active with Barclays

Ken

No Dident do that ken I'm useless ain't I! Is that the email you sent me I think it is. Yes still active business account with Barclays x

Hi Ken,

thanks for the info !

It seems every case is different and you never really know what to expect.

Cheers
Ricky

Ken I just checked that email you sent me with firms on did you just put your address in uk? And how do you get certified copies of your passport?

Rocking Ken wrote:

Hi All,

Just wanted to tell everyone, we successfully opened a bank account with BoV from the UK.

Ken

Result Ken..........

http://aweirdthing.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/dastardly2.jpg

For copies of passport I scanned ours, in colour and high resolution (the data page only that is, the one that includes your photo and issue details) and then printed them, two to an A4 sheet and handed the prints in with our passports. They were checked and compared and certified by the clerk.
If in Malta and submitting by post then a Priest, Police Officer, Bank Manager or Notary (or equivalent professional) can certify the copies but should include their details with their signature.
If in UK and you want to post certified copies, I would suggest you scan them, then get them countersigned by Bank Manager, Solicitor, Police Officer or Social Worker who is prepared to and also include their details, which should include their professional status.

The real fun starts when you want one Maltese bank to send a reference letter to another Maltese bank. Here also competition comes into play. I could write a whole page about this. In the end we just gave up and asked our foreign bank to issue the reference instead. Hilarious.

Agreed, they are very partisan. A bit like asking about Melita in a Go office!!!! (And vice versa of course.)

Denisemac1 wrote:

Ken I just checked that email you sent me with firms on did you just put your address in uk? And how do you get certified copies of your passport?

Hi Denise,

I photocopied them and tooke them to the bank where they where checked and stamped and signed.

Simples :P

Denisemac1 wrote:

No Dident do that ken I'm useless ain't I! Is that the email you sent me I think it is. Yes still active business account with Barclays x

Yup that was the email with all the forms attached, let me know if you want me to resend it..

I got it oh thanks ken, ill do that. Just started applying for maltese citizenship too, they have been emailing me, had to send so much info but the guy dealing with it has been fab and responds quick too, hopefully he do most of it by email but have a feeling I might have to pop over before I move and do a few bits in person. Hope so get to stuff pastizzi and hobs then ha ha mmmm x

Hi Denise

Just PM'd you

Ken