Business development in Indonesia

Looking to move from Dubai to Indonesia.

If anyone knows of a good business development manager opening, please do let me know

Thank you

try in bandung city, i will help you here...

Hi
What is available in Bandung City? Business Development

It's depend on what major field of your bussines is into, bandung is the city that growth quickly, so you will not have a big problem in growing your bussines here.

Hi EamonF,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Indonesia forum.

Maybe you should give us more details about yourself?

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi Eamon,

You should be aware that jobs in Indonesia are for Indonesians first, and the only way a foreigner can be legally employed here is if the job requires specialized skills and experience not available within the Indonesian work force. Indonesia has a high unemployment rate and illegally working in Indonesia now carries some very painful consequences, namely a fine of up to $50,000.00 and up to 10 years imprisonment for the illegal worker. Immigration and police authorities have been aggressively ferreting out illegal workers in recent years, and if anything, this policy is likely to increase with the resolve to protect jobs for Indonesians.

These days you'll find that the majority of foreigners who work here are working in their own businesses, usually a partnership business with a local. Those opportunities still exist but of course starting a business is an entirely different matter than seeking a job.

A final word of caution, be very aware of unscrupulous scam artists who operate internet based employment agencies looking to feed on people just like yourself who are looking to live and work in Indonesia.

They troll various forums looking for precisely the kind of post you made here…so please be aware as they can turn your dream into a nightmare very quickly.