What am I doing wrong? Indian Marketing Professional looking for job

Hello Everyone,:)

I have Masters degrees from two of the top universities in SE Asia, over 4 years of Marketing/Communications/PR/Branding experience in the competitive Indian market in very reputable companies.

I'm female, under 30, married, widely traveled, native English and Hindi speaker, educated in India/London and learned to drive in the USA. I've been a Bahrain resident for over 2 months now.

Enough about me..here's the problem.

I've been applying for jobs in my field in Bahrain via job portals with NO luck whatsoever. I am certainly qualified for these positions.

Why aren't I getting calls? The education and experience is there..

Am I the wrong demographic?

Is there too much competition in this field?

What could it be??? Please help. Thanks.

Hey Aurora8,

Most of the job consultants,i have come across, do not prefer online recruitment from Asian countries unless it is technical like doctors or engineers. Particularly in Marketing or Branding companies have become very cheesy in picking up candidates who they do not meet in person in advance.

I suggest you to visit Bahrain, meet some consultants or directly companies, drop your CV and i am pretty sure it will not take long for you to get a job with the vast experience you have mentioned.

Good Luck!

Thanks @Adhkan!
As my post says...I'm already a Bahrain resident for over 2 months!
Any recommendations for the best consultants out there?!

Regards :)

Try contacting Aamir at Argon Consulting in Seef

[email protected]

Thanks @Josnuggles! Muchas gracias.. :)

Only link I have i'm afraid sorry.

Try the new hotels too that are opening, might be opportunities there for marketing

PM you my email id , send me your CV , let me see if something is there in my company for you.

Hello Aurora8
I too have had similar experience with job-search through websites, over the past few months. I tried (unsuccessfully) to look for jobs in Bahrain and finally gave up.

Most of these websites seem to work on automated screening process and applications such as yours (and mine) probably never make it through the initial screening and therefore are not seen by human eyes at all.

The best bet for people like us is to look for opportunities through contacts. Accordingly, please do make use of Josnuggles' and akhil's offers.

Best wishes.

@Farhaz,

Rightly said!

The automated selection through the job portals is efficient. I mean, if I was a Bayt or an Indeed, a thousand resumes a day is understandably a pain. Especially with the client deadlines for closing a job and each day that they don't fill a position/post means they are not doing what they have been hired to do.

But is it effective? Nope! The system is designed to search for keywords pre-programmed as per the client brief. The good-guys(gals) tend to get overlooked sometimes..but yeah, must keep trying :) Even if it looks like I've been sending my CV to a black hole in the universe! Hehe!

Will certainly followup on the recommendations by the good samaritans of expat-blog aka Josnuggles/Akhil004/you..and many more to come (fingers crossed);)

Have a good one!

Sorry i missed that you were already here. I second the opinion of all the people replying here. In addition to recruitment agencies, you can drop your CV in various companies you are interested to work in. It worked for me and i got the job after 3rd day of disembarking in the Kingdom.

Best of Luck!

Just sent you a PM. Send me your cv and I can see if there is any open position suitable for you.

Good luck for you search!