Hi wanna meet foreigner have some drink

hi nice to be friend....wanna meet foreigner then we can have some drink

Tuyetlai wrote:

hi nice to be friend....wanna meet foreigner then we can have some drink

Well met!  Vũng Tàu is a little bit harder to meet English speaking expats than HCMC since most of them are in the big city.  I see alot of Russian foreigners in Vũng Tàu due to the oil industry.  Malaysians and Filipinos too.   

Maybe should do something in Vũng Tàu - maybe set up an English speaking club or set up some place for expats to hang out.  Maybe open an English-speaking-only cafe shop so locals can non-English speaking expats can practice their communication skills.  I've toiled with that idea alot but land in Vũng Tàu is so expensive.

Tran Hung Dao
Maybe should do something in Vũng Tàu - maybe set up an English speaking club or set up some place for expats to hang out.  Maybe open an English-speaking-only cafe shop so locals can non-English speaking expats can practice their communication skills.

Keep me posted... I agree Vung Tau is a bit quite ... but if people want to get together I am interested.

Thanks ! i see some coffce shop in VT for English club and i coem there but all guess in this coffce shop is Vietnamses, they talk together, how can i improve my speaking skill and the pronouciation...:)

Tuyetlai wrote:

Thanks ! i see some coffce shop in VT for English club and i coem there but all guess in this coffce shop is Vietnamses, they talk together, how can i improve my speaking skill and the pronouciation...:)

Hmm.  You're saying you just see regular coffee shops?  Do you know of any English clubs?

Maybe I'll go and scout out the place to see if any coffee shops have a room that can hold 20 people and set up an English Club for people to practice speaking English....around Trương Công Định street since it has the University maybe.  You have any ideas?

sure, any saturday or sunday

There is a coffee shop called "Urban Coffee Bar" at 14-K2 Trung Tam Thuong Mai in VT which right behind the University... Nice settings ... I didn't check pricing unfortunately

I used to joined many english speaking club in HCM city.Now I live in Vung Tau and hope there're some too. Hope to see all of you there:-)

what kind of drinkinng do you want ?Coffe ?beer?wine... lol

Coffee...no beer hehehehe beer and wine for another club... party club.. how is it?

you should find a girl for cofee MAn choose a serious drink

Suggestion for the OP: leave out the "drink" part.  Maybe you didn't mean alcohol but that's how almost everyone will read it.

First of all, a lot of Americans don't drink alcohol.  It's going out of fashion because addiction is widespread and half the country is going to meetings.  Second, far too many expatriates are alcoholics and they won't just have a glass of wine or a beer, they'll want one after another until they're sloshed.  Not fun.  Third, it sounds like the whole point of meeting is to pump toxins into your bodies; the point should be "let's get to know each other," not "let's get plastered."

I see waaaaaay to much of this in here.  "Let's meet and drink!"  Yeah I know some people have social anxiety and can't speak freely without being disinhibited with alcohol.  That's tragic. 

I have also heard privately from several new newcomers on here who feel inhibited by this, pressured, because they don't drink and it's so prevalent on here.

If you want to leverage on a pretext, make it coffee.

Nothing like a 3 month old thread getting new life. Serious drink, nothing like a 30 year old single malt.

My congratulations Boys!  :proud
As to me I was drinking I am drinking I will do.
Does anybody  want to Join? New year is coming. :one
Juice and Cofee are only for weakling  If you are dotn have power you are loser lol
I am joking!!!!
Take care.
:D

I was also thinking of setting up an English Club so maybe we can all coordinate and meet and set something up.

"lets have a drink" often translate to "lets hang out."

So, are we going to do something or talk it to death. Lets set up a place and time to meet and do it.  I am new in town so don't know any places but have a motorbike and can probably find most places. What say ye?

garyww wrote:

So, are we going to do something or talk it to death. Lets set up a place and time to meet and do it.  I am new in town so don't know any places but have a motorbike and can probably find most places. What say ye?

If you're in Vũng Tàu, you should explore places around Trương Công Định street.  There's about 3 colleges on that street (one 4-year and two 3-year colleges) which would make a good location for an English speaking club.  Some English centers have their own clubs.

I couldn't find a good coffee shop that could be used as an English club.  Maybe you can. 

The other option is to just rent a house and open our own coffee shop, specifically catering to foreigners.  It'll be an English-speaking cafe to set it apart from the hundreds of coffee shops that exists already.  I've been thinking of this idea but the rent on a good street runs around $1,000 a month.  I've seen a few house for rent on that street.

So say "let's hang out"

VT have many beautiful and clean spaces along the beach, the park is as well.not as crowed as Sai Gon. why we must be in a coffee shop if just for hanging out ?. Out there we can talk, play game ,have fresh air and sunlight.

coming vt next wed. wats your phone? bring me go eat seafood and beer okay

I think the OP wants to meet someone who can speak english.

What is your email?

Same Idea as you all,

I would like to find a coffee so we all can meet up, make friends. How about every Saturday morning we will have coffee together?
I know a quiet coffee shop in Nguyen Thai Hoc Street. There is enough space for 40 people.

Anyone find a place to hang out for people that speek English?

I also want to meet foreign friends. Could you please let us know where I can meet people who can speak English?