Review of Sai Gon Sushi street food

Sushi street food is a hot trend now in Saigon. I've read a good review here http://www.chaan.info/2013/09/tong-hop- … jLcbdihuM9 . Will try out next week :)

I hope you guys can read Vietnamese quite well, or at least, they have pictures, very delicious :D

Not sure a VN site is useful to most on here, its like posting an English review on a VN site.

Well, honestly, I have no trust about these raw material. In addition, there are lots of smoke, dust .... on street. So, I think I get diarrhea soon after taking food from them :lol:

Sushi??? that's a Japanese's food. =-=!

hwanghuydo wrote:

Did anybody say otherwise? O_o

milkybunnyHCM wrote:
hwanghuydo wrote:

Did anybody say otherwise? O_o

To be fair to someone who doesn't know...this thread didn't describe it as a non-Vietnamese food.  So hwanghuydo, yes sushi is Japanese.  The way you wrote you post says either you don't know what Sushi is or you are pointing out the obvious (if that's the case, you should have written "Sushi?  To those who don't know, it is a Japanese food"). 

Here's the brief description of what sushi is all about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi

Sushi is a Japanese food consisting of cooked vinegared rice combined with other ingredients, usually raw fish or other seafood. .... Sushi refers to any dish made with vinegared rice.

Like if I got on this Vietnamese forum and started a thread that said "Review of Cần Thơ chelo-kabab barg street food", you would assume chelo-kabab barg was a Vietnamese dish.

Yeah, his pointing out the obvious confused me. I can't read Vietnamese so it made me wonder if the article was claiming it to be Viet or something.

Hi,
It may be great to some of the Vietnamese tastes only :)
I do not prefer raw food, particularly raw fish (sashimi) with lots of bacteria even though it goes with hot wasabi!:)

I love sushi, but sushi street food may be a nice experience only if we leave behind some health related issues.

The BigC in Cần Thơ has pretty good sushi, quite satisfying, not sure about the ones in Saigon.

i still believe that Japanese make the best sushi. Its the same as Chinese pretend to serve authentic Pho. A no go!
BTW i used to work for a Sushi Restaurant so yeah I have high standards