Expat Networking in Alabang and Makati

If there is anyone who is interested to connect with other expats, we will start creating a networking group in Alabang and Makati. I see so many Americans wondering in Makati or Alabang by themselves. It will be wise to meet friends in the local areas so that you can have more fun!
Please send me a message as to who are interested to join and we can get this group moving!

NOTE: this is not a dating networking please. I am very much married and I don't intend to have any women that are for hire be included in this group. This a family oriented and professional group that we want to create.

Salespeople, please try to respect this group and do not join to sell your products and services. This is solely for expats who are currently working here or moved here from another country. Should we need your products and services, we will create a time to meet with all of you.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

please send me more information about your group how many expats belong to your group?
Thank you.

love your name. we all love inn n out burger! we are just starting our networking group since we just moved in here two months ago. let me know if you want to join us in leading this group.

Pinaymentor

Dear Mam pinaymentor:
hello, thanks for giving me a space in your group. i wasn't an expat, just a pure filipina. thanks for allowing us to have the chance to meet your group and be one of your friends here. i was a registered nurse, but having a very hard time in finding a job here, as of now i was in real estate as an agent (moderated: no ads) after all it's free, just to create friendship.
rosa

Hi,
I'm Russian and would like to join your group as I don't know anyone here. It's only my second week here. I'm based in Clark Field.. a bit far from your networking place.. Do you know anyone in Angeles City area?

Cheers,

Irina

hi this is indeed  great and something positive. I have just been in makati for 2 weeks , gonna be here for around 6 months on an assignment. It would be nice to meet up with fellow expats .. just to share some ideas, chit chat & networking ventures as well as to broaden some horizons..
I currently like in Rockwell, Makati. Give me a buzz when the meetup takes place.

Many of the Americans here belong to the Elks Club it is the American Club in Makati. Anyone interested in joining just send me a message will invite you to next membership cocktail party.

I will post the actual date of networking time.

Irina, will you have a chance to meet on a Saturday? Perhaps you can stay for the night till Sunday and I will find you a place to stay.

We will visit the Elks Club once we are established.

Make sure that you send me private messages of where to contact you so I can send you the private invite.

See you all soon!

Pinaymentor

hi! im from an executive search company, and we have clients who require native-language speakers (like the one i posted). id like to help expats look for work here  in the Philippines. im doing this free, no payments. i just want to meet people and know that they will be living a comfortable life in the Philippines. please send me a private message if you accept me in your group. thanks

mister_ny wrote:

Many of the Americans here belong to the Elks Club it is the American Club in Makati. Anyone interested in joining just send me a message will invite you to next membership cocktail party.

Hi Mister NY, I presume the Elks Club is only for American Citizens ?

Hello, no it is open to all nationalities! We have many Filipino members and others.

Elks has a nice club located on Paseo de Roxas in Makati with bars restaurant and meeting rooms. Website is manilaelks.org. Anyone interested let me know!

hi mister_ny... good day... i guess the website adress u posted is invaled... the site seems blocked...

is the meetup on ?? seems rather quiet and dull.

appears to be a problem with the Elks website will inform when it is back up, In any case anyone interested just message me.

My family is moving to Alabang on Tuesday, I will find a place for us to meet in Alabang Town Center  on Saturday. I need a head count as who among you can come so I can find the right location. I didn't choose Friday because of the horrific traffic after work if you guys are working from Makati. Saturday early or late afternoon will be just fine in terms of traffic going to Alabang.

Hope to see you guys soon! We have to pay for our own food so bring in some cash please. If you send me your cell phone numbers I can text you the exact location and directions. If anyone of you would like to carpool, let me know ahead of time so we can rent a taxi or van for you and not spend so much money on metered-taxi.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

Irina_N wrote:

Hi,
I'm Russian and would like to join your group as I don't know anyone here. It's only my second week here. I'm based in Clark Field.. a bit far from your networking place.. Do you know anyone in Angeles City area?

Cheers,

Irina

Hello  Irina,

I use to work there, right in front of clark airbase "Hanami" one of the Japanese restaurant there.  I miss that place, I am  planning to go there this June or July to try flying in OMNI flying school. I have friends who are still working in that resto and most of them are chefs. I speak Japanese  little Spanish and trying to learn french :) I would love to learn your language as well.

имейте добрый вечер
Dame

pinaymentor wrote:

If there is anyone who is interested to connect with other expats, we will start creating a networking group in Alabang and Makati. I see so many Americans wondering in Makati or Alabang by themselves. It will be wise to meet friends in the local areas so that you can have more fun!
Please send me a message as to who are interested to join and we can get this group moving!

NOTE: this is not a dating networking please. I am very much married and I don't intend to have any women that are for hire be included in this group. This a family oriented and professional group that we want to create.

Salespeople, please try to respect this group and do not join to sell your products and services. This is solely for expats who are currently working here or moved here from another country. Should we need your products and services, we will create a time to meet with all of you.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

I love your post! No women that are for hire and  sales peeps who wants to sell something ... good  group.. I am Filipina and  I am so happy to know that there's this kind of  group and hopefully will change Pinays bad impression. I would love to join if you give me space :) I love meeting people and  I am so  into language it's my passion. I believe that having  conversation with  foreign guys using  foreign  language will  help people like me to practice my said passion.

Hope to hear from you.
Dame

I am definitely interested in being involved in a Makati group.  I've been here 6 weeks and I'd love to meet others.

Hi, is there a networking event in Makati scheduled any time soon? Though I'm in Clark, I'd love to join.
Cheers

Manila Elks website is back up. This is the unofficial American Club in Manila many Expats here. To visit membership cocktails please let me know

Any updates on a networking event?  I'd definitely like to meet some other foreign nationals.  Also, is the Elk club open only to members?

Yes Elks is only open to members however the membership is quite reasonable.

I need to know how many are willing to come to Alabang Town Center on Friday, the 18th of June.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

pinaymentor wrote:

I need to know how many are willing to come to Alabang Town Center on Friday, the 18th of June.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

Pinaymentor,
Maybe you should start a new discussion with this event you are organizing, for a better clarity! :)

If you do, I will pin it up on top of the forum for a better visibility!

Cheers
Arlette

Hi. This sounds like a very good idea. Me and my fiance just arrived here 3 weeks ago. It would be interesting to meet professional, married/engaged individuals that are really only interested in having professional relationships that eventually turn into personal friendships. But you have to approach this the right way. We as well as many others are really serious about their privacy, but enjoy good friendships both personal and professional. Please keep me informed as to how the group goes and let me know how i can assist in expats here developing long lasting both personal and professional relationships. I've experienced a-lot of individuals here that love to take advantage of outsiders and gauge them for every single penny that they have by raising prices etc... Would be nice to help people as they arrive here not to get taken advantage of.

Thanks.

Preston

We are meeting today in Alabang and I need to know if any of you from Makati are willing to meet on Sunday at about 2 pm in Greenbelt. I need to know before Saturday so I can finalize plans.

Thank you and see you all soon!
Pinaymentor

Had a great time last night with Daniel and Van! Hope to see more expats in Alabang. I will be in Makati are for a couple of days, we will set up one in Makati, just send me a private message and let me know if you are interested to come.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

[moderated: please post in the classifieds]

Hi  -
Great idea! French couple which has lived in North America for more than 5 years. We will come to Manila for a 2-month assignement in early July and then stay for 2-3 year if we like living/working in Manila. We would like to join the group very much. Thanks for letting us know how to join it. Lauriane and Cedric.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi All,
My name's Kevin and I am an ex pat from the US and also a member of the Elk's Club.It is a good place to socialize and is relatively inexpensive and very comfortable and is in the heart of Makati.It would be a good place to have regular gatherings\meetings,but isn't exactly a night club type of place.
This type of networking group is exactly what I am looking for. I live in Malate on Roxas with my family, and I am in the Security field. Alabang is a bit far but I am game to attend in Makati. Let me know when the next event is.Hope to meet you all soon.

Hi, I see the last post was in 8-21 -2011. has nothing been going on with the group lately? Please let me know, I would like to join one of the events/meetings.