New in town

Hello everyone
I am new expat in town,just my 4th day, and I would like to share my first impressions.
I am working and I am living in SIP that is a very impressive area.
Local people are very friendly despite it is hard to communicate but I started to learn the basics so I think it will be better day by day.
The food, although I was told that is awful I have a completely different opinion. I haven't eaten a single day in a western friendly restaurant as I can't find the reason to do that. All the foods i tested was delicious.
That definitely I will need time go get used is the climate. As you can notice from my nickname I am from Crete-Greece the climate on Crete is mostly dry. Here I feel like in a sauna.
An other thing that is strange to me is the way that they drive, Its incredible how they manage to drive without crashing.

I wish to all expats to have a great time here far from motherland.

Theo

Something is crazy here, like crazy drivers.
Hope you enjoy your time here.

CretanMan wrote:

Hello everyone
I am new expat in town,just my 4th day, and I would like to share my first impressions.
I am working and I am living in SIP that is a very impressive area.
Local people are very friendly despite it is hard to communicate but I started to learn the basics so I think it will be better day by day.
The food, although I was told that is awful I have a completely different opinion. I haven't eaten a single day in a western friendly restaurant as I can't find the reason to do that. All the foods i tested was delicious.
That definitely I will need time go get used is the climate. As you can notice from my nickname I am from Crete-Greece the climate on Crete is mostly dry. Here I feel like in a sauna.
An other thing that is strange to me is the way that they drive, Its incredible how they manage to drive without crashing.

I wish to all expats to have a great time here far from motherland.

Theo

Hi I'm new too and am finding it hard to communicate too but I love the area. I'm from Ireland and am 25. the climate is far different from Ireland which is more cold.

I'm looking to meet new people so if you're interested gimme a shout! Thanks :)