Declared Value of Property

Reading up today n the costs of buyig a property in Bulgaria I find myself more confused than when I started and hope the member of the forum may be able to provide some guidance.

According to a leading British Property Company:

"Prior to signing the Notary Act, the local municipal council conducts a tax evaluation of each property "tax estimation price", and this valuation represents the minimum value that must be  reflected on the Notary Act."

* Is it correct that the Municipality value every property before sale or is there a list which they use and is the list open for pubic inspection?

"The "tax estimation price" is for the purposes of real estate taxation and is much lower than the actual selling (purchase) price and in general the tax evaluation rate ranges from 25-50% of the full market value."

* I have read elsewhere that understating the purchase price is illegal. If it is a widespread practise then there must be a reason for it - does any one know (I don't mean can you guess) what the reason is?

"Most of the Bulgarian property owners (vendors) wish that the "tax estimation price" is written in the title deed, and not the selling (asking) price which the buyers are paying, so due to this practice there might be discrepancies between the price you are paying and the price written in the title deed."

* The vendor may wish to see a lower price but surely the figure, if not the actual price, must be agreed in advance and not imposed by the vendor?

"In general, if a purchaser wishes to reflect a value higher than the tax evaluation on the Notary Act, extra costs incurred as a result of this action are paid by the purchaser."

This appears to be saying that honesty costs - what, apart from the obvious possibility of losing the purchase and someone paying higher fees, are the downsides to the purchaser of insisting on the true purchase price being stated?

If some of my questions appear naive then that is because I have this old-fashioned idea that I should understand the process upon which I am about to embark.

I'm gonna tell you the truth about this rip off of tax price on the deed,
The only reason the real estate tell you to put the tax price on the deed is to hide their commission, we bought two houses through real estate both agencies added 60% to the real price, the commission should be a maximum of  5% and at least 500 Lev or euros, I forgot, but the owners don't know how much the real estate get, they only say how much they want or ask the real estate how much they get.

Be very careful and ask for the real price on the deed and don't give power of attorney come here and sign the deed yourself.

The municipality don't get involved in the sale at all, I sell house and I can tell you it's bullshit.

They now do have someone who can evaluate a house but if it's not a resale of a renovated house you don't need to ask for it.

Don't believe everything you read, there are a lot of crooks out there, some have contacts with real estate and recommend one for you but it's only to get 500 euros commission.

In almost 9 years here we met a lot and a lot of people who got ripped off by real estate and by their own people

the are ads here by owners and if you type in your search house for sale from owners then you'll find a lot, go to http://bulgaria. craigslist.org/
or
http://www. gumtree.com/

Good luck and do a lot of research
Sihem