Living cost in Bahrain

Hi All,

I am considering an offer in Bahrain, can't tell the exact location at this point of time. Lets hope for Manama. Please tell me whether I should accept it?

My experience: 10 yrs Technical lead in a good company in India.

Salary: BD 1100/ pm + Medical Insurance for self + Company provided car on availing license.

My family: Me,wife & a 1.5 year old kid.
My monthly expenses: Is little (moderate expenditure), only ocasionaly dining out.

Q: What is the present day salary for people like me there?
Q: What will be the cost of a one bed room furnished apartment in a decent area(not in posh area) with all taxes?
Q: Groceries & food I think wont exceed BD 250 p.m.? Am I right?
Q: Medical expenses for a young family? Can I buy insurance privately? How much it cost per anum or per month?
Q: Any tax I have to pay?

Regards,
Siva

Hi Siva,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through some topics on the Cost of living in Bahrain forum, you might find some more information that might interest you. :)

Regards,

David.

Hi Siva,
As David said there are lot of post which will give you very good idea about expanses in Bahrain , the salary that's been offered to you is OK , not very good, most of the money you money you will spend is in housing , 1 BHK unfurnished flat may cost you 180 BD in Manama and furnished one may be 250 BD , if you go to Juffair it may increase by another 100 BD. Medical is really expansive and a normal medical insurance cover may cost around 250 BD for a year. household expanses should be around 200 -300 BD . and rest is your saving. there is no direct tax on salary ,a percentage of salary goes for social cause but its mostly taken care by employers.

Please let us know if you need any more information !

Hello Siva. Welcome to the forum.

Akhil has covered most of the important matters. I thought of giving you these links:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=294881https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=298692

These are recent discussions you may find useful.

Best wishes with your move.