Temporary Residence Visa

Hello,

I'm searching everywhere on the internet, including this website and the forum about visa's in Ukraine, but I can't get a clear description of what I should do.

I want to move to Ukraine, to live together with my Ukranian girlfriend in Kiev. She is in her last year of university and then we would like to leave. So I'll be needing a visa for a year, not more, maybe less.

I'm trying to find Visa's that exceed the 90 day-limit within 180 days, but can't find any directions without people starting about marrying a Ukranian.

Can someone please help?

Thank you!

Visa rules in English are here:
http://www.assistanceinukraine.com/rule … to_ukraine

All your questions can be answered by reviewing Expatua.com posts on Visas &/or TRP/PR

MartijndeBrouwer wrote:

Hello,

I'm searching everywhere on the internet, including this website and the forum about visa's in Ukraine, but I can't get a clear description of what I should do.

I want to move to Ukraine, to live together with my Ukranian girlfriend in Kiev. She is in her last year of university and then we would like to leave. So I'll be needing a visa for a year, not more, maybe less.

I'm trying to find Visa's that exceed the 90 day-limit within 180 days, but can't find any directions without people starting about marrying a Ukranian.

Can someone please help?

Thank you!

You cannot just decide that YOU want to live in Ukraine.
You need a valid reason to be here.
You need a work permit which will entitle you to a one year temporary residents permit. The rules in Ukraine are stricter than in the EU.
Contact me should you need further help.
bbcu.com.ua

Hi,
Take contact With CVSgroup.com.ua

:)

- To be able to gained a 1year stay that's what they called a temporary residency, valid reason is you are married to Ukranian..Perhaps, no options for you then you have to apply their type C visa which is 90days again and again...Before your visa expires you need to exit and apply for another 90days again and back :)

Yeah I have the same problem at the first visit to Kiev.
I took a visa type C then went back to Cairo after marriage and had to take another type << D >> to make temporary residential permit.

and in one year you have to renew it for another year. of course with marraige certification.

Ukraine law is so strict about it.

- are u now holding the temporary permit?

Same issue as mine before..Now, I will get my temporary residency for 1year tomorrow yay!And after one year my husband said, I will be able to apply for permanent residential.

Yeah Shynesslavz.

I have it since last August :)
Congratulation for your permit tomorrow..:)
and I wonder how is your Russian..?!

The point is don't want to stay as a resident..just for a year..and then I want to leave and take my girlfriend out of Ukraine. Even though I have enough financial support to live by myself for a year without a job they wouldn't give it to me. Now I'll probably get a work-visa, but it's not what I want and not a job I would like..

Unfortunately as I know, you can have this permit for a year in two cases. ( marriage or work )
may be if your girlfriend know a lower to ask about your situation.
good luck in it.

Yeah I know, I do not want to marry for that reason so that's a no-go, I know where to get a job for a job visa, so I'll probably do that, however I think I will not like this job a lot.

got it.
who knows maybe this job gonna lead you to something better.
Good luck Martijnde.

how is your Russian.?!

So, is there a way to simply retire in Kiev?   I want to stretch my retirement dollars.  I have done some research and it looks like I would have to set up a company there to get a foot in. Any help would be appreciated.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please don't promote external website on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct