Expat remittance policy

Hi everyone, I will be moving in Sudan soon for a job offer and would like to know about expat remittance services. Is it true that banking institutions there are only allowing a limited amount of salary remittances? I heard a limit of us#400 only, and how about the remaining portion of a month's salary, are you obliged to spend it there? Any info on this matter is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

Yes it is $400 per month only and they have to mark it on your passport.

Thank you the Egyptian, how about the earnings or savings that an expat could accumulate, could it be brought for your family back home on your vacation and is there a declaration of monetary value that an expat is allowed to carry at the airport when leaving for a vacation? How about you're experience? Thank you, it will be of great help on my decision to pursue going there.

fagomez wrote:

Thank you the Egyptian, how about the earnings or savings that an expat could accumulate, could it be brought for your family back home on your vacation and is there a declaration of monetary value that an expat is allowed to carry at the airport when leaving for a vacation? How about you're experience? Thank you, it will be of great help on my decision to pursue going there.

You can only carry $10K USD upon exit. You can NOT carry any SDG as it is a closed currency.

My experience was different as my employer was transferring my salary to my home country account.

Also, is your employer paying you in SDG, USD, or USD-Equivalent in SDG?

Thank you very much for this infos, you're such a big help for everyone deciding to work in Sudan. Thank you brother and I praise your reaching hand.:)