I will be in Istanbul for 2 days in October. Any recommendations?

Hi everyone,

I am visiting Istanbul for 2 days in October from the 10th-12th. I am working on my itinerary and need help with locations since I am faced with limited time.  I will be staying at a hotel in the Fatih area close to the Grand Bazaar and the Palaces.  I know that area will take about a day or so, but I am not sure where to go next.  Is the Asian side worth visiting?  Any recommendations for locations, bars, restaurants, etc. will be much appreciated. 

Remember, it will be evening from 4pm-12,1am on the 10th, all day on the 11th and the morning on the 12th before flight to Geneva that afternoon around 3pm. 

I am a recent grad, so as cheap as possible, but I will definitely pay for delicious Turkish cuisines and drinks if I have to. 

Thanks in advance, looking forward to comments :)

Hi,
Welcome to Turkey. I live in Istanbul and I can tell you that Istanbul is the best city In the world.
Here is some advice for you to visit:
1-Kadikoy. Kadikoy is in the asian side Istanbul and you can meet the local Istanbul people over there. You can just meet the tourists at the other places who comes from different cities or countries. So, Kadikoy the place you should really walk around.
I know you have no time (only 2 days) but it's necessary :)
2-You said that your hotel will be in Fatih. So, you can easily visit the grand bazaar. You can find historical things in there. (You should get a map, so you will not get lost)
3- If you really like the historical places, you should visit one of the oldest Church in the world which called Aghia Sophia. (It was a cathedral, then Turkish people came to Istanbul and we covered it as a mosque. Then Turkish government made it a museum. etc.. you can read about it on wikipedia).
4- Taksim, Beyoglu. Just walk around in there and see how amazing the architecture.
5- Take a Bosphorus Tour (long one) (you should really do it)

I think it's enough for 2 days. I wish I was in Turkey and help you more.

Have a nice trip and you can ask me questions any time about anything.
Have fun,
Stay well.