Living In Vietnam, Da Nang or Nha Trang

Would appreciate making contact with any expats living in either Da Nang or Nha Trang, Vietnam. We are a retired couple, we may be interested in opportunities to teach English, from the United States considering moving to Vietnam in February, 2014. Any advice or guidance from anyone who is either living in Vietnam currently or has returned from Vietnam recently would be welcome and appreciated.

Thank you

Lloyd And Esther

Not much full time teaching available. Pay rate is about $10 US and spotty. Da Nang better teaching opportunity but not as wecoming as Nha Trang and much more humid in Da Nang. Nha Trang is more of a resort style living. You can google places to live based on your budget. $500 apt [email protected] across from beach but many others

Hi Lloyd And Esther,

Your post has been moved to the Da Nang forum for better visibility and interaction.

Thank you,

David.

I think DaNang city better, it's the 3rd biggest city in VN. Not so much foreinger same Nha Trang, because almost they stay in Hoi An, 40km from Da Nang. But I think you can get a job for teaching English in DaNang city easier. And the house also cheaper, even center city. The price between 2 cities dont have so much different. I also have some friends foreinger, they from EU and stay in Danang some years. Maybe they can give for u advice. Enjoys

No question, Da Nang, if your receiving Social Security.

Yes, Da Nang is much better for a retired couple. Cheaper and more low-key. People are also friendlier and more honest. And on days that you need to be surrounded by expats and tourists, Hoi An is just half an hour away.

Lloyd112444 wrote:

Would appreciate making contact with any expats living in either Da Nang or Nha Trang, Vietnam. We are a retired couple, we may be interested in opportunities to teach English, from the United States considering moving to Vietnam in February, 2014. Any advice or guidance from anyone who is either living in Vietnam currently or has returned from Vietnam recently would be welcome and appreciated.

Thank you

Lloyd And Esther

Greetings,
I am heading to Da Nang on Saturday, accepted a teaching position there teaching adults english conversation for customer service.  I will let you know what Da Nang is like.  Nha Trang is nice but there is a lot of european tourist there escaping the winter.  I think Da Nang will be cheaper, less tourist, less people selling tourist junk, and if you need to see western people Hoi An is close by.