Destination: Kashmir

Hi everyone...! Have you been to Kashmir? Or anybody can update me if tourist are still allowed to go there? thanks!

You can definitely visit Kashmir except certain restricted areas and need to take due precaution due to militancy.

Hi bethersoon,

Kashmir is restricted now a days to certain important places like Srinagar or Jammu, other parts are in turmoil or under heavy deployment of army or situations are not so good because of army and local clashes.
So its a suggestion to drop your idea for time being as foreign national or book your tour by any agent like cox and kings.

Greetings

Jammu and Kashmir is an amazing place to visit. I live here and feel so safe. I am in the Jammu part of the state. It's as safe and as dangerous as any other place in the world. Yes, there are issues here, but where isn't there in the world.
Like anywhere else you would visit, just be careful and be on guard.
I live in the most amazing place and hope that I can stay out for the rest of my life in this area. The people are so warm, friendly and welcoming. Some of the warmest people I have met in India...

Yup! tourists are very much allowed there..
I m from Kashmir only... any travel related info or help..
mail me at [email protected]

@no1browniegirl

Really appreciate your review about "kashmir"

Stay blessed

My review was more the Jammu area to be honest. Which I prefer and find incredibly beautiful....If not more so than the Kashmir valley......sorry.....

no1browniegirl wrote:

My review was more the Jammu area to be honest. Which I prefer and find incredibly beautiful....If not more so than the Kashmir valley......sorry.....

Well by "Kashmir" I meant complete Jammu & Kashmir..

I guess I should have bee more specific LOL :)

Yes, because most people actually forget the Jammu side. Which is a shame. There are some spectacular places on this side and one thing I am wanting to do is to promote it.

I never say I live in Kashmir, i always say Jammu and Kashmir.

no1browniegirl wrote:

Yes, because most people actually forget the Jammu side. Which is a shame. There are some spectacular places on this side and one thing I am wanting to do is to promote it.

I never say I live in Kashmir, i always say Jammu and Kashmir.

I m in complete agreement wid u.. Thx for correcting..

I am going to Kashmir for my honeymoon! :D

LaurenMokasdar wrote:

I am going to Kashmir for my honeymoon! :D

Wow.. have fantastic n memorable honeymoon ;)

Ahem !

The Incredible Laddakh ???

How many times you realise you are calmly saying a long- WoW.. !!

All open !

All peaceful as on date as always for tourists !

September almost the last comfortable month to visit the moonland..

No1browniegirl,

Would love to hear about the places you have in mind in the jammu part of J&K (places that one generally doesn't get to hear about, but are realy realy worth planning a holiday trip of discovery with a few friends)

Looking forward to your recommendations & writeups about the places.

Best.

Thanks for the info.. I hope to visit kashmir soon.,Im planning to visit srinagar hopefully this year or maybe next year.

Hi might visit or live there hopefully im lookibg forward to have a friend there..

you are welcome. its snowy climate here and you can also find many other climates across the country

Is it safe if I plan to stay there?