2013 Honda Sh 150 Vietnamese Made?

Good day!

I m currently in the mist of looking for Honda Sh150 the imported Sh150 cost around USD30000 Its too much to pay for scooter. the same model cost USD4500 in the States. So I kept my options to the locally made.

To be honest both are different bike all together. More likely just a re badge of existing Honda models with cosmetic rework.

if anymore have any sort of experience on this scooter. Please kindly share with me.

Cheers

USD30,000 for two wheels!!!
You get four wheels at half that price.
Guess the wind must have gone into the head.

Honda SH
Honda SHi :D

Sorry guys did a mistake in forex conversion its USD10000!

$10,000 USD? Might as well get a Vespa.

Clement Chong wrote:

Good day!

I m currently in the mist of looking for Honda Sh150 the imported Sh150 cost around USD30000 Its too much to pay for scooter. the same model cost USD4500 in the States. So I kept my options to the locally made.

To be honest both are different bike all together. More likely just a re badge of existing Honda models with cosmetic rework.

if anymore have any sort of experience on this scooter. Please kindly share with me.

Cheers

i have been riding SH 150 imported from Italy since 2007..no way its gonna be 10k Usd...if u really interested to buy then PM me,i can bring u to a trust worthy shop.the price should be around 8.5k Usd.

as for the made in Vietnam SH.yes,it is much cheaper..but i myself find the design a bit off.

Andy,

Thanks! I will PM right now.

Cheers

Andy,

Last Friday I when to the big bike shop at the Au Co roundabout. We saw the SH 150 Italy made and the 2013 Vietnamese made Sh (similar to Thailand models) which was selling at 87 mil and 92 mil for the ones with black wheels and black fork.

They quoted me the price for the Italy model around RM 30K which around 10K USD.

Cheers

Opps sorry supposed to PM this massage

Italian made SH 150i costs about $8000-$8500 USD.
Vietnamese made SH 150i is about half the cost of the import.
Honda would not allow the bike to be manufactured here if they could not assure the quality.  As with any item newly manufactured in a new country, there are typically a few quality issues and the first year Vietnamese SH had some. But this is now the third or fourth year of production, so the bugs should be resolved.  Other than a different wheel spoke design, different muffler, and different cowl design, they are the same as the import.  The price difference is due to Vietnam's import tax.
I would buy the Vietnamese version and save my money. The resale value is very good.

Saigonmonkey.

Thank you! Totally agree! Vietnamese SH will do! Honda Corp would keep the quality standard on check! Did some search the current models are actually the same model except the Vietnam doesn't come with ABS.

Cheers

why do you need ABS in Vietnam?

Khanh,

Hey! Its a description of the model variation, I sure agree that in the city center mightn't need. But who knows, some of us would wanna to ride their scooters to up north.

:lol:

Cheers

Clement Chong wrote:

Saigonmonkey.

Thank you! Totally agree! Vietnamese SH will do! Honda Corp would keep the quality standard on check! Did some search the current models are actually the same model except the Vietnam doesn't come with ABS.

Cheers

the latest model of SH made in Vietnam is of different design with the SH from Italy...

It was a bit of sarcasm alluding to how Vietnamese traffic running red lights, the slow speed they travel on mainly 125cc and below bikes and choosing to swerve rather than stopping options.

jimbream wrote:
Clement Chong wrote:

Khanh,

Hey! Its a description of the model variation, I sure agree that in the city center mightn't need. But who knows, some of us would wanna to ride their scooters to up north.

:lol:

Cheers

Are you certain of what ABS is exactly?

ABS is practical when activated anywhere.
On the road,highway,dirt road.

Personally I don't have ABS on my bikes,however a number of modern cars have it and it seems popular of sorts.

Jimbream,

Good morning. In Vietnam city itself I quite sure ABS is not really required but its just something nice to have.

The spec I saw on the SH review on Youtube there is with the attachment of  ABS sensor attached to the hub of the wheel to picking up rotation consistency reducing brake pressure in speed of 100 millisecond to prevent brake lock. Conceptually similar to cars.

Cheers

Andy@SH wrote:

the latest model of SH made in Vietnam is of different design with the SH from Italy...

saigonmonkey wrote:

Other than a different wheel spoke design, different muffler, and different cowl design, they are the same as the import.

Have you ever looked at an import and a Vietnamese made SH side-by-side? I have. The major differences are those I outlined in the quote above. There may be a few other very minor tweaks, such as the VN bike has more chrome accents, which I don't like, but apparently the marketing folks at Honda decided VN folks like bright, shiny things. But other than that, they're the same bike. Same length, same width, same height, same wheel and tire size, same seat... I could go on and on. I'll stop short of saying the engine is the same, because I couldn't look at it, but they're both 150cc, PGM-FI. Even with the minor differences, do you think the Italian-made bike is worth the $4000 USD difference?

FWIW I've ridden both and couldn't tell them apart.

So I just bought the VN model, and when I say just.. I mean yesterday :D Should get it rgeistered tomorrow or Monday.

It's black so not too heavy on the chrome either ;)

I'm looking to buy one when I return home from Qatar next month. What was the total price?

I paid list price, but got a few other goodies n gifts thrown in...
total including registration in my name 88.8 mill

Cool, I should be able to get about the same price in Vung Tau I think.

the Honda VN website has it listed as 79.9 mill when I questioned it, they said not including registration.
They also had a list of gifts you get thrown in with each model, I go more than what was on the list ;)

Cool. I got the VN Sh 125 model at 73mil Dong. Cant complain for now.

How about a PCX.
Maybe this one??
http://m.f29.img.vnecdn.net/2013/09/27/1503-4160-1380274536.jpg

Very futuristic! It this model for sale? 2014 model?

jimbream wrote:

How about a PCX.
Maybe this one??
[img align=c]http://m.f29.img.vnecdn.net/2013/09/27/1503-4160-1380274536.jpg[/url]

Looks like it came out of a Judge Dredd movie (futurist cop bike).

looks similar to the yamaha t-max

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/Yamaha_TMAX_2007TMS.jpg

Khanh,
You could be onto something there. It does look similar.
The pic I showed is a custom job from Thailand.

The PCX looks like a hybrid of the T-Max meshed in with the Honda Ruckus. Very cool looking bike I'd definitely liked to ride it.

khanh44 wrote:

The PCX looks like a hybrid of the T-Max meshed in with the Honda Ruckus. Very cool looking bike I'd definitely liked to ride it.

Sure. Take a look at how far back that solo seat is. No more cramps.this one's 150cc.

Emm all pictures of sexy scooters..! I a kind of regret of buying the Sh...The riding position of the Sh..doesn't seem to be comfortable as the PCX...

Well its just scooters..they don't really excite me..

Clement Chong wrote:

Emm all pictures of sexy scooters..! I a kind of regret of buying the Sh...The riding position of the Sh..doesn't seem to be comfortable as the PCX...

I don't disagree with you. The riding position of the SH is more upright, which may not be as comfortable to some people. For me, it's OK, because I'm tall, and the SH is one of the tallest scooters you can buy. If you'll notice, most of the young VN ladies riding SH's are also wearing stiletto heels so they can reach the pavement at stoplights.:D The PCX seat height is too low for me, but I'm sure would be very comfortable for a person of shorter stature.

So...since we're on a high testosterone level thread here.  Let me ask you guys:

What motorbike/scooter out there (that's sold in Việt Nam) has the highest passenger rest-peg (the pegs for the passenger's feet to rest on) relative to the ground?

http://l.f31.img.vnexpress.net/2013/01/22/1-1358832268_500x0.jpg

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

So...since we're on a high testosterone level thread here.  Let me ask you guys:

What motorbike/scooter out there (that's sold in Việt Nam) has the highest passenger rest-peg (the pegs for the passenger's feet to rest on) relative to the ground?

So, what you're asking is which motorbike is best for very short passengers (not the operator, but the person behind the operator)?

My first thought was the one in the Don's photo above, but I didn't know the name of it.

I also think the smaller Honda automatics, such as the Air Blade, or the Vision, have foot pegs which are a short distance from the seat surface. I think if I was a passenger on one of those, my knees would just about touch my cheeks. :)

I also thinking of CBR. Sure, it's seating may be comfy than Shark/SH.But 110M need to spend as dead money :D

saigonmonkey wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

So, what you're asking is which motorbike is best for very short passengers (not the operator, but the person behind the operator)?

My first thought was the one in the Don's photo above, but I didn't know the name of it.

I also think the smaller Honda automatics, such as the Air Blade, or the Vision, have foot pegs which are a short distance from the seat surface. I think if I was a passenger on one of those, my knees would just about touch my cheeks. :)

Not a motorcycle.  Those are obvious.  I was just on the road the other day and saw a guy and a girl riding one of those Japanese Street Racer/CBR motorcycles and the girl was pretty much like a monkey on this guy's back. 

I mean a motorbike/scooter.....so I can mimick that guy without paying $10K.  ;)  So...an Air Blade..I'll have to find one of those.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

I mean a motorbike/scooter.....so I can mimick that guy without paying $10K.  ;)  So...an Air Blade..I'll have to find one of those.

Hey THD,
You want the look of a big bike?
How about this one?
Sure to keep your missus comfy and it's a real head turner.
http://www.oldstox.com/images/Oddities/giant02.jpg

jimbream wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Hey THD,
You want the look of a big bike?
How about this one?
Sure to keep your missus comfy and it's a real head turner.
[img align=c]http://www.oldstox.com/images/Oddities/giant02.jpg[/url]

:D