Naama Bay

Hi all, after some deliberation, research, discussion and a calculation of funds I have decided to move to Sharm el Sheikh and am renting an apartment from mid October for 6 months initially to see if I can make a new life there. I had originally planned to try and secure a teaching job in Cairo but with the political situation there have decided for now that Sharm will be my home. I will be living in the Naama Bay area so if any ex pats live around there I would love to hear from you. Its quite daunting in a way but exciting too, as someone who comes from a military background ( father and ex husband) I am quite used to living in foreign countries but am also sensible enough to realise this will be a whole new experience for me. I am fortunate that I will not need to work but hope to perhaps pick up some teaching along the way now and then. I really do intend to immerse myself fully into local life and will be endeavouring to learn the language as soon as possible to assist me in this. I do have some friends there already that I have made over the years during holidays so I have a support network in place (of sorts).
Don't want to offend anyone but I am not looking for a boyfriend so please do not message me with that in mind, I will not reply.
Look forward to hearing from genuine people
Angie

enjoy your time

Thank you Alsaasla, I am sure that I will :D

i hope that you will enjoy Sharm el Sheikh and hunt a suitable job there, as this city i adore it so much, only what i hate there is seeing some locals trying to take advantage of foreigners , so just open your eyes and be clever enough to figure out who is good or not!

i recommend you to visit Ras Mohamed as i just came last weekend after camping there.

wishing you a safe stay in Sharm.

don moe wrote:

i hope that you will enjoy Sharm el Sheikh and hunt a suitable job there, as this city i adore it so much, only what i hate there is seeing some locals trying to take advantage of foreigners , so just open your eyes and be clever enough to figure out who is good or not!

i recommend you to visit Ras Mohamed as i just came last weekend after camping there.

Hi and thank you for your good wishes. I am indeed very 'open eyed' as to the people I have met on previous visits and those whom I will no doubt meet once I arrive.
I will be taking up your recommendation to visit Ras Mohamed as it does indeed look lovely.
Kind Regards
Angie

hi angieb61,

I was at Ras Mohammed ,and liked it because the seas was so  colourful  and so quiet qnd solid .I and my husband was at that time alone there.if you like to swimm or drive ,it will be  the right place.And at Naama bay is really nice and more livings.Sharm el sheikh is not so big and very famous is the old market behind the hills in the night .But be becareful the price of taxi pls ,some charge more .And in the winter there it will be so windy and too cold.

Regards,

ElAmäli

ciao Angie ti parlo volentieri perchè anche io non sono assolutamente in cerca di amori ma di una persona che possa aiutarmi con delle informazioni sincere in quanto vorrei tornare a vivere a Sharm con mia figlia e mio nipote e quindi  è un passo molto rischioso.premetto che sono già venuta molte volte a sharm in ferie e mi rendo conto che viverci è diverso ma è il mio sogno e vorrei portarlo avanti .Se vuoi diventare mia amica fammelo sapere cosi potrò dirti di più            ciao a presto spero

Hi gennarino!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand

Angie,,,Wish you a peaceful stay,,,take care.

angieb61 wrote:
don moe wrote:

Hi and thank you for your good wishes. I am indeed very 'open eyed' as to the people I have met on previous visits and those whom I will no doubt meet once I arrive.
I will be taking up your recommendation to visit Ras Mohamed as it does indeed look lovely.
Kind Regards
Angie

Enjoy your stay,,t care.

Finally the time has arrived and tomorrow I will be on my way to a new life in Egypt. Sharm el Sheikh here I come! Very excited and looking forward to new beginnings :-)

Good Luck in your new experience!!

ciao sono curiosa di sapere come sta andando il tuo nuovo inizio a Sharm :Fammi sapere perche anche io  vorrei stabilirmi li .Ciao e vorrei dirti che mi chiamo Sonia

ash_smy wrote:

Good Luck in your new experience!!

Thank you very much :D

gennarino wrote:

ciao sono curiosa di sapere come sta andando il tuo nuovo inizio a Sharm :Fammi sapere perche anche io  vorrei stabilirmi li .Ciao e vorrei dirti che mi chiamo Sonia

Hello Sonia, what would you like to know. Sorry but I do not speak Italian so have had to use a translation programme to read your message
Angie

ciao Angje intanto vorrei sapere se il turismo è ricominciato.Siamo io mia figlia e mio nipote che amiamo moltissimo l'Egitto a tal punto che ci vorremo stabilire .Mio nipote fa la seconda media e quindi credo che dovrà finire qui le medie almeno che non ci siano scuole italiane a sharm .Mia figlia ha 39 anni è una brava barrista  ma ha fatto tanti altri lavori adesso lavora saltuariamente in una mensa .La nostra idea sarebbe quella di aprire qualche piccola attivita ma inizialmente Daniela (mia figlia)si dovrebbe trovare un lavoro.A te come vanno le cose ti sei stabilita?Fammi sapere come passi la giornata.Forse dal prossimo mese inizio in corso di  inglese cosi piano piano ti manderò dei piccoli messaggi in inglese .Ciao ti saluto con un pizzico di invidia perchè mi manca tanto Sharm   ciao

Armand wrote:

Hi gennarino!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand

:rolleyes:

gennarino wrote:

ciao Angje intanto vorrei sapere se il turismo è ricominciato.Siamo io mia figlia e mio nipote che amiamo moltissimo l'Egitto a tal punto che ci vorremo stabilire .Mio nipote fa la seconda media e quindi credo che dovrà finire qui le medie almeno che non ci siano scuole italiane a sharm .Mia figlia ha 39 anni è una brava barrista  ma ha fatto tanti altri lavori adesso lavora saltuariamente in una mensa .La nostra idea sarebbe quella di aprire qualche piccola attivita ma inizialmente Daniela (mia figlia)si dovrebbe trovare un lavoro.A te come vanno le cose ti sei stabilita?Fammi sapere come passi la giornata.Forse dal prossimo mese inizio in corso di  inglese cosi piano piano ti manderò dei piccoli messaggi in inglese .Ciao ti saluto con un pizzico di invidia perchè mi manca tanto Sharm   ciao

So sorry but I have no idea what you are saying so cannot respond.
Angie

how are you Engie.I know how things are with regard to tourism in Sharmyou know that .Iwoil move but i'm worried.A fine thing beautiful have you organised?      Hi      Sonia

Try out Nabq National Park as well - I camped there overnight last year and it bwas awesome

hope you're enjoying your time here! :)

Hope you like Sharm friends.

Hi, Angie.
Good luck with your stay in Sharm, i really hope your plans and funds are up to your calculations.
I visited sharm once last year i was really a fool missing all that in my own county.

Anyway, i know what you mean about cairo but have you considered Alexandria? political atmosphere is better traffic is somewhat better (Alex traffic is much simple.)
My sister is an English Translator she worked in many centers. if you are interested i can send you numbers/addresses for  the most common Private centers here in Alex in a message.

Enjoy your stay in Egypt.

Hi I'm moving to sharm to be with my husband in 2 weeks feeling a little nervous how have you the place is it an ok place to live

Regards alessa

Hi Alessa, I love it here. its a great place to be although everything is in Egyptian time hahaha
Good Luck

Hi Angie
Where did you settle in the end? Naama, Nabq?
I'm currently looking to purchase an apartment,mainly as a holiday home but can't decide.
What are your experiences of these 2 areas so far as there is a significant price difference.

Thanks
Jackie

Hello Jackie,

You have unfortunately posted on an old and inactive thread.

If you are looking for any information, I suggest you create a new discussion on the Sharm el-Sheikh forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed