MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN KUWAIT

Dear Friends,

Please help me, i want to get a copy of marriage certificate of one of my relative who got married in kuwait with a sri lankan lady,my relative also sri lankan. now they both are out of Kuwait they want their marriage certificate ,how to get this certificate through online?? is there any possibility please reply??

Hi shiran84,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Can you please give us more information about this issue, we might be able to guide you, through the steps. :)

Regards,

David.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Message deleted upon request of the poster himself.

Hello Juliet,

What are the requirements and what is the process to get married an expat and a local in Kuwait?

Of my experience, it is not very complicated yet not so simple. For example, the expat should have a civil ID, an official paper from her country (translated and stamped from several ministries) that she is single, her "guardian" i.e father should approve of the marriage, and some other things that I forgot about but will try to remember and get back to you.

Is a multicultural marriage common? Is it well accepted in the country?

Yes and no. It is common among some families and tribes (less "pure" tribes, I hate that word but its the truth) but still more than 75% of citizens either prefer or forced to get married to kuwaitis. I mean it is accepted among open minded families but not so much.

What are the best things about a multicultural marriage?

Foooooood!!! Hahaha! Seriously, the complex and interesting culture and way of life.

What have been the challenges or problems that you have faced? How have you brought them?

Oh that needs a book to be written!!!

Will try to answer the others questions tomorrow as i need coffee for that :-)