Dear all

I am Loc, i come from vietnam, i want to make friend with all ò you

Hi Loc,

Please note that your post is now on the Vinh Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien

chuloc.creation wrote:

I am Loc, i come from vietnam, i want to make friend with all ò you

Wow, you're the first person I've seen on here that's from Vinh City (Nghe An Province).  I just traveled through there on my train trip up north.  The train stopped for a brief moment and that's all I got to see of the City but the countryside looks beautiful. 

I have read a few newsarticles about Nghe An and they didn't say good things about the people there.  So it's good to finally know someone to ask questions. 

So first...is it really poor there?  What kind of industry/jobs are available in the city as well as the province?

mhm, just found these blogs about Vinh. Have been here for 4 weeks now teaching English. I don't know what you've heard about the 'not so good things' about people here as the only experience I have had so far, that it's the especially the people that make this city livable. There is not much to do in Vinh other then meet people in a cafe for a drink, or bike around town or go shopping to the market or Big C. But the people are ever so friendly here and helpful. I struggle to find someone though who can speak English, but wherever you go people great you with 'hello'

would like to meet other expats in Vinh to connect and be able to exchange experience and to chat in English (or French or German)

Warm welcome, from Cần Thơ, Loc.

gabiw wrote:

mhm, just found these blogs about Vinh. Have been here for 4 weeks now teaching English. I don't know what you've heard about the 'not so good things' about people here as the only experience I have had so far, that it's the especially the people that make this city livable. ....

It's racism/discrimination...there's alot more bad stuff that lies underneath the surface.  I've here around three years and my initial year was all peaches and cream as well (probably most Expats get that experience whenever new to a country).  Here's the article I read.

http://m.english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/spec … ted--.html 

The central provinces (and probably a few northern provinces) get a bad rap here in the south...and probably vice versa as well.

I've seen blogs where northerners and southerners go at each other in Vinglish and WOW did they hate each other.  "You guys sound like cats fighting!"  Funny as hell.

It's not racial, though.  Their may be different ratios of ancestral bloodlines but the people arguing are all Vietnamese.  Mostly they rant about dialects.  There are a few other issues too.

ChrisFox wrote:

I've seen blogs where northerners and southerners go at each other in Vinglish and WOW did they hate each other.  "You guys sound like cats fighting!"  Funny as hell.

It's not racial, though.  Their may be different ratios of ancestral bloodlines but the people arguing are all Vietnamese.  Mostly they rant about dialects.  There are a few other issues too.

Because after 1975, like most wars, the conquered gets the shaft from the conquered.  Just like right after the Civil War in the United States.  I'm sure Rebels hated Yankees for the next several generations....there are some that still do.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

\I'm sure Rebels hated Yankees for the next several generations....there are some that still do.

If statistics could be depended upon, it'd be 6/10 still do. Being born and raised in the South I can confirm that sounds about right...

I don't expect it stop here anytime soon either. I hear a lot of things about Central and North Vn here and have to wonder how much is true.

Same applies to overseas Vietnamese and you just can't argue with people's emotion.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
ChrisFox wrote:

Because after 1975, like most wars, the conquered gets the shaft from the conquered.  Just like right after the Civil War in the United States.  I'm sure Rebels hated Yankees for the next several generations....there are some that still do.

In the southern United States it was known as the "War of Northern Agression". As a child in the south, our history books focused on heroes like Bobby Lee and Thomas Jackson. Yes there was hatred for many generations. Most southeners still claim the civil war was about "states rights". As an educated son of the south, the focal "right" IMO was to maintain slavery and the political power of the slave owners. Way off topic....

Well, good luck to those workers. If a person meets the apparent qualifications for employment, they should be given a chance to prove themselves and only let go for cause, which can be not performing to the standards of their co-workers.

No one should be presumed to be incapable based upon their accent.

Yes, but now i am in Ha noi.And You

yes, but now, i am in Ha noi. Have you ever been to Ha Noi

Hi everybody :)

Please note that this discussion has been started by chuloc.creation and she is searching for new friends.

It will be nice if everybody can concentrate on the initial subject and avoid going Off topic.

Thank you a lot :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

everything goes of topic on this forum.

paulthecat11 wrote:

everything goes of topic on this forum.

That's the way of things.  Topics drift.  Someone on-topic makes a passing remark that gets picked up and becomes the new topic.  Try too hard to suppress that and people stop talking at all.