THERE ARE NO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS

THERE ARE NO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS in Riyadh except American, British and Islam based ones? How do your children study - at home?
Please, help to find a school for 2 not religious small kids who do not have good command of English yet but can be taught English very easily as they are quite smart or I'll get mad with them.

The are plenty of International Schools.
As I know the problem will be that children should speak English, they may be examined before admission. How old are they? Do they speak Arabic at least?

Sorry to ask, what is the problem about religion, children are Christians? I wouldn`t bother about it so much, if they are not Muslims, you`ll just have to talk to teachers about that.

Try Google... This is what I found.
http://saudiarabia.yoolk.com/search/?q= … rea=Riyadh

Choosing a school is not easy, you have to visit and see with your own eyes, how is it there, talk to the principal about issue with English, etc.

Thanks a lot for the link reference, dear zarvata. Children are 3- girl and 6 -boy. They are Orthodox but that doesn't matter if it concerns school. The problem is that we don't want our children be forced to pray or somehow get involved into Islam though we respect Muslims very much. We don't want boys and girls be separated. My kids are Russian and don't speak either Arabic nor English but I teach them English myself and they know many English words. If somebody can recommend a decent school where many children from expat families study or if somebody had experience taking their children to any international school I will appreciate much.

That`s nice, im russian too :)
(I wont' speak Russian now, just because the forum is mostly english speaking, but I can :))))

Well, about the children, it is a little complicated... As I understand you and your husband are Russians, means that children don`t really need to learn Arabic, right? In most (or may be all???) intl schools Arabic is also part of the program, just as Islam. For the religion I think it`s not a problem, you just have to explain that kids are Orthodox and you don`t want them to attend Islamic lessons. For Arabic... I really donno, complicated, as I said...
There are many couples living here with a Russian wife and Arab husband.. So the children are mixed, and Arabic is a native language to them, just as Russian. Russian couples are rare, at least I've never met them.
And for the International schools, yes, they are full with expats children, but most of them Arab expats. Yet there are Indian, Phillippine shcools... but no Russian schools, that`s for sure :(

For how long are you planning to stay in KSA?

For a year now but after it, may be our conctract will be prolonged. I don't mind my children learn Arabic. But you know I'm very afraid that there will be some Islamic teahcing in the  lessons. Just want to find an international school without any religion. DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYYYYYYY?

My son was attended a Russian school when we were in Moscow. Even he has no basic knowledge of Russian. But within couple of months he learned English and Russian, both. Finally, completed the year with a very satisfactory result.. So, I mean kids, even on those ages (3-6) mostly playing can catch everything much easily.. Also there are many international school ( there must be a primary school ) one should accommodate your need ( christian ) they will just play with the others.. may be you should attend with them for a while, till get familiar with them..

Most private international english schools in the city do not segregate the KG level kids. Grades are all segregated.

Religion does not play a compulsory level part at these levels.

Most KG level students are of mixed nationality, religion and gender as I am aware.

Thanks a lot for your replies. May be anybody (whose children attend any international school) can give names and locations of them.

American International School of Riyadh

* Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12.
    * American school system.
    * Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (United States).

The British International School – Riyadh

* Nursery to Year 12.
    * Follows the National Curriculum of England and Wales.

The King Khaled International School

* Kindergarten to Grade 12.
    * Accredited by the Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation.

Ecole Française Internationale Riyadh

* Maternelle au lycée.
    * Suit le système éducatif français.
    * Conventionné avec Agence pour l'Enseignement Franç

I think above list will be a good start and seems good for their orientation.. I am sure you can get further details from DQ area..

Aticus

I'm impressed!  For an Engineer who (I thought) had no family here, you are well informed!  There really should be a separate page on the forum (with info for the Cities) where we can add this and ACs list of Compounds to, etc.  It would certainly make it easier for folks looking for info than trying to sift through all of the threads!  And I really like the idea of the side chat ability!  When can we expect this to happen?  LOL  :rolleyes:

btw, Alliecats list is already in the guide section for accomodation.

just thought I bring it up, aticus you can add that list of yours in the guide as well, it would do great for everyone.

Salman :D

I was just digging goggle for the mama. I can understand how it is troublesome, we suffered too much for our son when we were in Moscow.. Actually, my family is not here with me..

Thank you all  for your efforts to help me.
I found lots of international schools - but how can I know that they are good for my kids and not very Islamic. So I hoped that somebody could share his/her experience about school.
British and American were the first ones I contacted but the fact is that the British is full with English speaking kids so they gave me a hint that there is a slight chance that my non speaking English kids can be enrolled.  As for American school - they can accept my kids but we can't afford it - more than 35 000 dollars per year for 2 kids. I guess for such money one can go to the  university  (not to the primary school) in Russia or anywhere.  Besides we live not in a compound (they are all full!) but in a hotel so picking up children from the school (both of them are quite far from our location) is another problem.
Why is it so complicated here?

Did anyone advise about Manarat school (Exit 8)?
It is considered good in education and cheaper as compared to British and US schools.

There are 2 medium to choose from; English or Arabic.