Hello Everybody ..

Hi everyone, I am moving to Bahrain from Dubai within the coming few months to join my company's BH's branch. I wondered if anyone could offer some advices on some issues.

- Where's the best place to live taking in to consideration that I'll be looking for unfurnished 2 BR apartment that has a nice view and close to Al-Khalifa Road but with access to good facilities and shopping centers.

- Another question, is there an income taxes in Bahrain? In affirmative Whats the rate of the same?

- Is there a customs applied on the cars in case i want to move my car with me to Bahrain?

- Do Expats get together much socially and is the country safe for family residence?

I deeply thank you for your help in advance and would like to help anyone that needs my help.

Cheers,
Ahmed:)

Hi Ahmed and welcome.

You will find lots of useful information about Bahrain here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960

Someone else has recently asked about importing a car and Josnuggles has helped out with some information.

Read the sticky about safety in Bahrain too.

If you have any other questions after reading all that information, come back and let us all know and am sure we can help you further.

Hi Scottrace,

Thank you so much for your interaction with my queries, it is really appreciated.

I will take a look at the provided Topic and will get back in case I have anything to be clarified.

Thank you again,
Ahmed

Hi Ahmed

Welcome to the Bahrain forum.

Al Khalifa Avenue is a very long road :) a number of areas border it. Going by what you are looking for, you could perhaps live in Seef Area. To get an indication of whats available, please take a look at http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/

Taxation - no direct taxation, other than a 1% levy on monthly salary.

Customs duty on cars - i believe there is customs duty. Not sure though. Maybe you could keep the UAE registration in which case you will have to drive over each year for license renewal and such.

Expat life - there are a number of expat clubs and gatherings, catering to different requirements and tastes. You will be able to socialize with like minded people easily. And the country is indeed family friendly and quite safe.

Trust the above answers your questions. Let us know if you have any more. Best wishes with the move.

Hello Farhaz,

Thank you so much for your help in the matter, your information was really helpful and i will get back to you in case I have any questions.

Thank you again,
Ahmed