Life...

How do you find life in Jordan?
Affordable/costly, easy/difficult, quiet/noisy, relaxing/tiring, etc...

I have a love/hate relationship with Jordan

Primadonna wrote:

I have a love/hate relationship with Jordan

Anything you do or don't like (innocently ask:)?

I like the way of living here: relaxed (and sometimes to much), the weather, some food, the beautiful places, the warm and kind hospitality

I don't like the mentality of the people: there a long periods that I don't care but sometimes it makes me crazy, the traffic is a big pain in the #@!
The winters feels colder then I used to felt, not outside but inside the houses due to poor insulation.
When it rains to hard the streets turns into rivers and pools which makes it very dangerous.
When you clean the house, the next day you can wright a story in the dust/sand that is fallen in between the daily cleaning.
And I hate cleaning!!!

:)

Primadonna wrote:

I like the way of living here: relaxed (and sometimes to much), the weather, some food, the beautiful places, the warm and kind hospitality

I don't like the mentality of the people: there a long periods that I don't care but sometimes it makes me crazy, the traffic is a big pain in the #@!
The winters feels colder then I used to felt, not outside but inside the houses due to poor insulation.
When it rains to hard the streets turns into rivers and pools which makes it very dangerous.
When you clean the house, the next day you can wright a story in the dust/sand that is fallen in between the daily cleaning.
And I hate cleaning!!!

I like the relaxed way too here but only when sitting under the "Dawali". Food is delicious, but lately Iam getting heart burn from different foods I buy. Lots of people make especially what we used to get for breakfast, at home. Too much salt in food is an issue, even arabic programs on TV warn from the huge consumption of salt.. Sometimes I can taste the salt in sweets, and the sugar in bread. Maybe it has something to do with lasting longer... Sidewalks need to be climbed sometimes so high they are,  still the floods are exactly the way you mentioned it.