Place to stay, people to meet, Getting around???

Hi - I will be visiting the island in a few weeks and want to spend some time looking around, meeting people, doing the stuff that tourists don't do. I am thinking of coming to stay for a while, or forever... who knows, so looking for a place to stay for a couple of weeks initially, a nice room, proximity to a pool would be nice, hotel, whatever - not one of those big, isolated beach resorts thanks! Anyone with any tips or who would like to meet up drop me a line.

Cheers

Paul

Hi ,

I will me in Ho Chi Minh next week on business . We can meet up and will definitely share with you all about living in Mauritius. Please PM me your local contact number.

Cheers
Terence

Hi Paul,

You should post an advert in the Housing in Mauritius please as it might help :)

When are you planning to come down here ?

Thank you

Maximilien

Thanks for the tip Max :) I am hoping to be there at the end of September, but my client is a bit indecisive at the moment so it may drag on a bit - we will see - hopefully there will be some great networking events to go to while I am there.

Cheers

Paul

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi Paul,

check my entry here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=299829

We have a great Hash Community here on the island which is always happy to see new folks coming for a run or walk and having a beer afterwards.

Cheers
Mario

Thanks Mario, not usually my thing - but I may give you a look in if I am feeling physical! Cheers for the info anyway :)

Well even if you are not that sporty there's always someone needed to watch the beer :)
There are also slow moving people in the hash and the beer afterwards is really worth it ;)

Oh well now you are talking the language my head likes to hear, only problem is my body will force me to regret it lol - anyway, sure, I may well come out and play with you guys - sounds like a good opportunity to take pictures too :)

Absolutely great to make some awesome shots. You see places you would normally not see because often it goes also through or over private land.
From our last trip at the wild south coast you see some small photos here: http:// mhash.com/Trash/2013/hash654.pdf

Ah yes, the cane field paths would make for some interesting shots.... more and more convinced to join you guys :)

The one from yesterday really was awesome and as the british guys who laid the path have promised. You felt like in another country like in UK. The fields for the cows are separated by big stone walls. One time you climbed over the walls and being back in Mauritius seeing the sugar cane.
The Souffleur is really a must see an must hear (the sea water when coming with enough power is pressed through a chimney in a coastal rock producing a blasting sound and a fine spray of water) here in Mauritius.
Check for Le Souffleur Mauritius on youtube.

Hi Paul,

It was a pleasure meeting you in Vietnam today and thanks for the dinner. I hope to see you soon in Mauritius.

Cheers
Terence

Hi Paul ,are you still looking for accomodation.Let me know.
Bye for now.
Madina

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]