Needing info on chile

hi guys,would someone be able to tell me how easy is it to change a visit visa into a business visa once i am there,i wana come from south afrcia to start up a shop,i dont know any body there,but before i come,i want some usefull info,and how would a cellphone accessories and computer accessories shop do there?
thanks in advance

It's not that hard if you bring all the paperwork and money you need (I'm assuming you're talking about the investor's visa?).
Do you know any spanish? Most people here don't speak english so that could be a problem for you.

thanks leo for your reply,i dont know spanish at all,and yes i am talking about investor's visa,do you have any info on investor's visa?

These are the requisites for getting the visa, but they are in spanish:

http://www.extranjeria.gov.cl/filesapp/TE7%20ISO.pdf

I want to stress that you need to learn some spanish before coming here, even more so if you don't know anybody, because like i said, most people here don't speak english and that will be a really big problem for you. Get a spanish course in South Africa.

That's my recommendation

Hi:

You will easy make acquaintances along the "rugby friends" circle there. But I agree with Leo. Without knowing Spanish, you will have lots of difficulties not to mention, you and your business may be targeted immediately by delinquents. A shop as described will give you a living -do not expect to get rich. There are hundreds of business as described of all sizes all around the city. Probably, the best placing is a high-traffic shopping mall or downtown street but they also have the highest leasing prices.  You will have competition from one big franchised operation with stores in almost every supermarket, on top of the phone company's and independent retailers.

Bottom line for the Springbok's seeker...It's a tough call mate. Most probably scenario: you will not make it or you will barely make ends meet.