Cost of living

Hi ,

I have been offered 1200 OMR per month as salary . I have to arrange my accommodation , car , fooding and other expense. I will be relocating with my wife. I also want to know what are prospects of finance jobs in salalah .She is from finance background ,basically banking sector . please suggest what is the cost of
1 BHK flat
Car
Fooding (veg)
other such as internet , 

Awaiting for your response ..

thanks in advance.

Please reply guys ...appreciate your response ..

Dear Singsuresh,

Welcome to Expat.com. Referring to your query, you have not mentioned where in Oman are you relocating to? The basic expenses like food and accommodation vary hugely according to location. A number of times these topics have been discussed with the inputs from so many members. If you browse through the site diligently, you can find out the answers for all your queries. Just for your information; a 2BHK spacious apartment in Muscat can cost you between OR 450-550. But the same in a place like Buraimi you can get for OR 100-120.

Hence, I would request you spend some time to go through the site and if any of the specific queries you find unanswered, there will be so many of us ready to help you.

Regards

Hi , i wanted to know about salalah ...

Hey Dear as per your last post bout Room rent and Car Rent in Salalah,The Furnished 2 bed room flat with one hall+kitchen is start from 130 OMR to 250,300,350 for 10 month but for 1 year Rate start from 150 OMR to 250,300,350,depends on location and flat.

If you want to buy a Car you can easily get it depends on you,all types of cars available here.

If you want to get your own net connection then you must need one Land line connection from Omantel,or you can get a wireless USB connection @ of 3 to 25 OMR/Month but ADSL Connection is more cheaper than other @ 20.270 OMR/Per month with unlimited download.
Hope this info is enough for help.

Regards:

Emmi Malik

Dear Friends,

I got an offer to work in Oman Salalah, can any one Plz tell there Accommodation cost to live with family and to have Tamil Nadu Neighbors and Food Expense, is that our DTH are available?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello Suresh ! I also got an all inclusive 2200 RO per month salary offer and I had accepted that; Now I along with my family and children arrived but finding it very very hard to save from this salary. Because the company don't give accomodation, car, driver, house help, schoole education = all have to be managed from salary- so we dont even eat out once in amonth, some times may be road side food. If company dont give house, car , food, chold education -0 its impossible to live in muscat with this salary ! I got a better offer in Dubai and Insh allah I will leave Oman !

Globalmann wrote:

Hello Suresh ! I also got an all inclusive 2200 RO per month salary offer and I had accepted that; Now I along with my family and children arrived but finding it very very hard to save from this salary. Because the company don't give accomodation, car, driver, house help, schoole education = all have to be managed from salary- so we dont even eat out once in amonth, some times may be road side food. If company dont give house, car , food, chold education -0 its impossible to live in muscat with this salary ! I got a better offer in Dubai and Insh allah I will leave Oman !

Now this post of yours breaks my heart ! My salary is 2200 RO but the only difference being I will have free accommodation and free family health from MOH Oman.
But from what you are saying I wont be saving much? I will also be posted in Muscat.
I was thinking of saving money there.
:(

Globalmann wrote:

2200 RO is quite enough for a family in the same condition like yours to survive in Muscat, I personally know some families who are living with less than that. Whether this amount of money is enough or not; this mainly depends on your lifestyle and how are you managing your expenses.

Globalmann wrote:

Hi Globalmann,

I beg to differ from what you have stated. Let's look at some indicative figures :

2 BHK Rent / Month - R.O. 400/-
Utility Bills : Electricity and Water / Month - R.O. 50/-
Unlimited Internet / Month - R.O. 25/-
GSM / MOnth - R.O. 30/-
Car Rental / Month - R.O. 200/-
Part-Time House Help / Month - R.O. 35/-
Indian School Education for 2 for 3 Months - R.O. 180/-
Food / Living Expenses / Month for a family of 4 - R.O. 250/-

All adds up to R.O. 1170/-

Minus R.O. 2200/- = R.O. 1030/- nett in hand / month.

I am not able to understand your angst.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Globalmann wrote:

Brother,
I really second that. Would you mind elaborating your monthly expenses in general. I even know people, working in a salary of 1500 Rials with 2 kids, dining out 2 times a month and living quite a comfirtable life with (offcourse) a bit of saving too.

So what comes out in the end ! 2200 RO with a free accommodation and a family of four !

I should be saving is it not !
Schaz to me money is really a very important thing ! And honestly it is for my family in the future !

Sumitran wrote:
Globalmann wrote:

Hi Globalmann,

I beg to differ from what you have stated. Let's look at some indicative figures :

2 BHK Rent / Month - R.O. 400/-
Utility Bills : Electricity and Water / Month - R.O. 50/-
Unlimited Internet / Month - R.O. 25/-
GSM / MOnth - R.O. 30/-
Car Rental / Month - R.O. 200/-
Part-Time House Help / Month - R.O. 35/-
Indian School Education for 2 for 3 Months - R.O. 180/-
Food / Living Expenses / Month for a family of 4 - R.O. 250/-

All adds up to R.O. 1170/-

Minus R.O. 2200/- = R.O. 1030/- nett in hand / month.

I am not able to understand your angst.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I hope this is so much correct ! it will leave me with 1430 RO in hand !

I confirm that the quoted expenses from Mr. Sumitran are cent percent correct.