Voluntarily paying income tax in Bulgaria

Hi,
I'm German citizen. I'm thinking about taking on formal residency in Bulgaria in order to being defined a "tax resident" in Bulgaria. This would allow me to pay the 10% flat tax on the income (which I would pay myself via my own UK company). I would be able to show any government (Germany or UK) that my income has been taxed in Bulgaria.

Does anybody pay income taxes in Bulgaria and, if yes, do you also have to pay for social contributions and/or pension in top of the 10% income tax? How much in % do you end up effectively?

Does anybody have a contact (e.g. lawyer, accountant) who I could give a call?

Hello Radolf,

It isn`t that easy to convince the German tax authorities or especially the HMRC about your residency and the bigger problem is that in the UK it isn`t defined in an exact way. Complicated cases are examined by an agent at Her Majesty`s and if they forsee any tax evasion behind it, you`d not get what you want. There are no straight rules ( one is the 183 days per year but if they decide that you have any social ties, they still won`t let you. You could use time apportionment relief, however ).

PM me withmore details on the situation and I will be willing to help, I`m off until Wednesday so have some time to lurk around the forums :)