Travel from Cairo to Alexandria

Good Afternoon Folks,

I am hopefully travelling back to Egypt in November (did plan on visiting in September - but recommended to leave it for a couple of months).

However, this is my dilemma.............should I fly to Alex, pay the extra but spend a couple of hours in the airport, watching the world go by or should I save a few pounds and a couple of boring hours and fly to Cairo - then catch a train to Alex?

Obviously the two hours waiting at the airport are matched to the two hours train journey - but at least the train is moving......and there is something to look at.

I guess what my question is is this: for a single woman do you recommend the train or sitting an airport?

Out of interest, does anyone have information relating to train times / fares please?

Knowing how fantastic you fellow members are and what a wealth of knowledge is out there, I eagerly await your response.

Thank you in advance,

Chuckles  xxxxxxxxx

I think that train now in egypt is not safe enough

Dearest Boules,

thank you for your honesty, I need sound advice.

Chuckles

Traveling by train is safe and relatively cheap, the most you'll pay for 1st class travel is 50 L.E., there is also 2nd class available -35 L.E. Do not forget to count the time (1hr?) and fare spend on taxi from airport to train station, this would cost you additional 30-40 L.E., still not bad (total of 8-9 British Pounds). The choice is yours. Greetings from Alex -Agnes

Dear Agnes,

thank you for your help, very much appreciated.

chuckles