Apartment Hunting

Hola....New EcuAmericano seeking 2BR 2BA preferably furnished apartment in the North of Quito in the vicinity of La Carolina Park and or MegaMaxi/SuperMaxi.  I do not smoke nor do drugs and am very clean, neat and organized.  If anyone can help with other than craigslist that may have inside track I would great appreciate it.  I am wanting to pay between $300 and $350 at all possible.

Thank you all in advance for your consideration.

Hello americano0214 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Your message has been moved to the Quito Forum for more visibility.

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Quito section. It might help.

Thanks and all the best.

Karen :)

Thank you for the advise, so appreciated.  Have a Nice Day  :)

Hi, Americano, welcome to the forum. I have no info to pass on, unfortunately, but want to wish you good luck.

Based on what I'm told, though, you may need to go a bit higher on the price, depending on your personal needs/tastes.

I'm hoping to find something in the same range as you are, but I'm expecting to pay more like $450 or so.

Bob

What is an "EcuAmericano"? Is that an American in Ecuador? An Ecuadoran American? An environmentally conscious American? Somebody just looking for a cheap apartment in south America? An Eucadoran wanting an American style apartment in Ecuador?

Что?

Thanks for you input Bob, you may be right but I'm holding out a little longer.  :-)

This thread had a discussion you might find helpful on Quito rental rate and the ever-elusive concept of what's a "nice" apartment.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=241743

Sunday's El Comercio newspaper

Canadian moving to Quito in November to retire and would like to hear from anyone who knows if there is a deposit required before moving in and (I'm sure there is) how much in advance would be required.
I'm single, semi retired and looking for any assistance.

retired 63 y/o male has residency docs. but would like to know if there is a library that has English language novels, and would also like to know what the medical facilities are like in Quito. Expect to be moving to Quito first quarter of 2105.
It would help if someone could advise on renting an apt re from & to rates and if deposits are really necessary.

You-can-miss,
    Actuarial tables indicate you will no longer be alive in the year you stated you were moving to EC.
    In the meantime, if you have difficulty finding English language novels at the library, consider an amason.com Kindle Unlimited membership -- $9.95 a month with complimentary Kindle Cloud reader.

cccmedia wrote:

In the meantime, if you have difficulty finding English language novels at the library, consider an amason.com Kindle Unlimited membership -- $9.95 a month with complimentary Kindle Cloud reader.

And/or, if you have any type of ereader, you can use the library back in your hometown to download ebooks for two weeks or so (assuming you have maintained a legal residency there).