3 hour wait to get INTO Gibraltar

I live 1hr away from Gibraltar, we waited 3hrs yesterday to cross into Gib, can anyone explain why please.  I was warned
by friends that getting back into Spain could take hours but really never expected a 3hr wait to 'get in' yesterday.  Oh and don't people love pushing in....I must say I did get quite heated with the drivers who just came down the outside lane and expected to be let in front,  one of the few occasions I've used my horn.
Anyway, had a nice day, got my food shopping and loved seeing all the Union Jacks and Gibraltar flags flying on residents balcony's.

Hi Sueanne

Glad you enjoyed Gibraltar.

Regards the queue you had better ask the Spanish.

However it is politically created in order to divert Spanish attention away from Government corruption ( Barcenas et. ) amongst other things.

Normal tactics from the PimP,    Partido imPopular or PunP

Yes I agree with that one, I did wonder if it was to take away the accusations of corruption from the goverment, ok so it was the Spanish causing the problem going into Gib, we wondered if our police and immigration were going slow checking passports the same as on the way out.
Yes love coming to Gib, took some mice pictures yesterday of Toby Cool the labrador in his glasses and scarf....lovely placid dog
Keep strong there !

The Gib police only do cursory checks on the way in, Spain does all the serious stuff so our boys have an easy time.

Gib does no checks on the way out, the queues are all Spanish caused.

Unfortunately many Spaniards believe the propaganda put out by their corrupt politicians and cannot accept the truth

A bit of info here:-

http://elpais.com/elpais/2013/08/28/ine … 59734.html

Interesting reading Grumpy....thanks for sharing