Van from Italy to sicily

Hi
Does any one know which is the best/cheapest ferry crossing with a van,either Transit or Luton Box from Italy to Sicily ?
I seem to be getting conflicting information. There appears to be a crossing from Reggiano Calabria to Messina but the time table and info is unclear. One from villa doesn't seem to take vans. The one from Naples costs a huge amount of money....
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Hi Sarah, see this thread here, there might be some info on there for you

I'm assuming you want to go to Malta?
If so this company has just started a service from Italy to Malta calling in at Sicily.
http://www.cruiseandtravel.eu/ferries.html

Terry

Great thanks , will check it out.

That was the best advise I have had all day. many thanks. seem to save time and diesel and energy going from salerno straight to malta.
thanks

sarahbaird wrote:

That was the best advise I have had all day. many thanks. seem to save time and diesel and energy going from salerno straight to malta.
thanks

We are here to help and its nice to get some feedback.

Terry

You are welcome ;0)

If you do use the service it would be nice if you could give us some feedback on the journey. We may use it next year to go camping in Italy from Malta.

Terry

Oki dokes, will do.

Thanks and good luck with your journey.

Terry

Might use the Salerno service for my move later this year, rather than Genoa - Palermo - Pozzallo - Valletta. So thanks for the info!

Thanks for sharing the link.
Has anyone ever proposed a pooling arrangement to share some van capacity when moving stuff from UK to Malta? Not sure how it would work but maybe worth considering to share the costs and better utilise the van capacity?

Hi also moving in September and looking for costs. If I find anything I will pass it on. What volume of stuff are you taking - just wondering if you are interested in sharing container or van space to reduce costs? It seems quite expensive at the moment (although I have only just started getting prices back - approx. £4500 for full packing and transport is something I would prefer to avoid!)Regards LTA

My initial calculations, 2 people taking a Luton box van, through France to Salerno in Italy, then ferry straight to Malta will cost in the region of £2700-£3000. That includes a return journey for the van and 1 driver. A lot depends on toll charges and how much diesel you use. But that certainly seems the best route,well for us anyway. We need all the space in a van I am afraid, but a good idea to try and share.

Hello - Just thought I would say...packing service at London then unpacking service in Malta plus transportation road/sea/road door to door for 30m3 container using professional moving company the best price I have found so far is £3400 total - Luton maybe 14m3. If anyone is interested in sharing say 50/50 I would like to hear from you. I would like to move in September. Best Regards (and wishes to forum members from new member) LTA

Oh that sounds interesting. If you can wait until end Sept we might be able to do something ....Can you email me [email protected]  ?
Thanks