How hard is to get your dog back to the UK

still undecided as to whether life in Vietnam is going to be a perm thing... Is it very difficult to get dog back to UK??? Can no way leave without him...

Hi! I think we have the same prob. but I am done with my research as to how I can bring my dogs with me, here are the links.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=230717

vietnamonline.com/planning/tips-on-bringing-your-pets-to-vietnam.html

vietnampets.wordpress.com/

orienthttps://www.expat.com/forum/20773-how-to-import-your-pet-to-vietnam/

to sum it up, if you read every link i give you they all seems easy but sad to say it is way different.  2 friends of mine been on this process of taking their dogs out of Vietnam and there seems only one way to do it. Take note it will cost you more than 400$ so you must have the budget for it.  and if you do be very patient on calling the clinic on the time of your departure because on that day you will be really pissed off, this will test your patience but i suggest that you ask a friend to do it for you or you might missed your flight, worst your dog will be left behind. ask the help of Dr. Nghia of Saigon Pets in District 2.  and goodluck!

thank you very much
very helpful

Hi! I think you should reconsider, read this link it sound so much the same as the experience my 2 friends had with this vet. doctor.

mashmollusc.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/adventures-of-diego-a-pekingese-in-vietnam/

god it sounds a total nightmare
really really cant leave him
havnt got a clue what to do

Just like what my 2 friends did, have a trusted Vietnamese friend with you on the time you leave, so that he will be the one who will constantly call the Vet. but be persistent in calling the Vet. week before you leave, be sure you have all the required papers with you, have it  xeroxed copied 3x and your Vietnamese friend must be persistent as well in calling the Vet. on this day of your departure just the same, she should be very patient b'coz the people on the clinic seems to having amnesia at this time, she should not leave, until the dog is inboard.  Good new is my 2 friends, one going to Thailand and the other back in the Phil. are there with their dogs on their respective homes.  you can do it!  :)
  "don't lose hope"

Gazelle,

Hi!  Hope your nightmare was over, hope you have brought your pet with you back to your country. Can you reply if you did I would love to hear from you.

:)