Cancelled visa

My friend recently had his B3 visa cancelled due to an admin error in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. He was told that he had to leave Vietnam for a few days and re-apply for his visa online, the visa has since been refused and there doesn't seem to be any explanation for it, has anybody else had similar experiences and what are the options for him now?

Where is your friend now? Where did they cancel his visa? While he was in Vietnam? Unusual they normally don't bother once you're in country, it's usually cancelled at the border.

Hes trying to apply online? For a visa on arrival?
Tell him to go to the local Vietnamese office and speak to them to see if he can sort it out. Chances are if there was an error on the visa that was cancelled it's red flagged him so he'll have his work cut out getting it resolved but will need to be done by face not online.

Thanks for your reply LBF!

My friend is staying with me in Bangkok for a few days, he applied for a tourist visa online, which was recommended by an immigration official he was consulting with before he left the country.

His visa was cancelled whilst he was still in Vietnam, they stamped 'CANCELLED' in red, in his passport and told him he had 10 days to leave, indicating this with another stamp, blue this time, which had hand written dates for when he had to leave by.

He applied online for a tourist visa and it was granted but they used an incorrect date so they immediately cancelled it and told him to re-apply, which he did and now that new visa has been refused, it's an incredibly confusing result!

He has now gone over to the Vietnam embassy here in Bangkok to see what can be done about this.

Just a note: Always check the visa as soon as you get it back, for issues like this.
I know its a bit late in this case, but this check is so easy to forget, so its just a reminder. :)

The visa was checked, it was a B3 visa and he was eligible for it, the 'admin error' was the official reason for the cancellation but the immigration in the town in which my friend was living decided he wasn't eligible.

But yes, it's good advice anyhow.

Interesting

The visa was checked, it was a B3 visa and he was eligible for it, the 'admin error' was the official reason for the cancellation but the immigration in the town in which my friend was living decided he wasn't eligible.

I come over on B3 visas all the time... I will be careful, thanks.

pardon my ignorance, but what is a b3 visa

B3 visa is a business visa, allows you to come and conduct business within Vietnam. This is not to be confused with a work permit, it is not an entitlement to work here.

Options are inside his wallet:-)

thaicook wrote:

But yes, it's good advice anyhow.

Hi, may you take a picture of date in, out Viet Nam, and the cancelled visa then sent me inbox, i have been a visa cunsultant for over 3 years, i met many cases like you, it could help me to be clearer to explain to you,

Truong Xuan

Visa cunsultant

indochina tourist and trade
45 truong dinh street, ward 6, district 3, hcm vn
hot mail: [email protected]
[email protected]

cheers lbf

charmavietnam ....

Options are inside his wallet:-)

You don't mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  do you?? This VN...

:D

@Truong Xuan It's been well know by all the expats, and you also I'm sure, that the folks in  Sihanoukville give out the 6mo B3's and 1 year visa's with very little or any at that matter required documentation. The practice used to be ignored by immigration  offices and officials here in Vietnam. Nowadays, especially since about May of 2009 when Immigration started to enforce the rules on the books about work permits and such and the crack down started on everybody what they issue now is looked at as a red flag and is challenged not only at the border crossing, where a number of them are downgraded, but also in offices  located in the city's.

I never have met this case. I am using B3 visa, it is not matter until now. Hope that it is not same to me. You should ask your friend to find a travel agency to help. [moderated: For all recommendation, pls use the business directory.]