Coming to bali 27th - 30th Oct

hi...i'm malaysian coming to bali for conference 27-30th Oct... i want to meet expat and local there to bring me around or to hang out. please do give feedback regarding nice places to visit there.

Where's the conference being held...in Nusa Dua?

tanah lot i think is a peacefull place

uluwatu is the best place to visit .

"uluwatu is the best place to visit."

Pura Ulu Watu is just one of many great temples on Bali well worth visiting.  If you think it's the best place on Bali to visit then it seems to me that you've not seen much of Bali, and for certain, you are not Balinese.  ;)

this is the conference webpage www.apfcbcongress2013.org

Ubudian...yes the conference is at Nusa Dua...may i know how far it is from the airport?. how much is the taxi fair from the airport to Nusa Dua. what are the nice places to visit at Nusa Dua?

The taxi trip from the airport (Ngurah Rai) to Nusa Dua is short, timely, and cheap. However, your hotel in Nusa Dua may very well have already arranged free transport.   

Nusa Dua is not Bali...rather it's a Disney Land version of Bali.

If you have time, (as in a free day), go to your hotel's concierge and ask him to hook you up with a good local and private Balinese driver to take you out of there, and to show you “the real Bali” which is just about anyway north, east, and west of southern Bali.

If you need a good recommendation for a great Balinese driver who is based in that area, just ask, but in reality most private Balinese drivers are very good and they'll make your trip something you will never forget.

Thanks for the info ubudian... first time i'm hearing of Disney Land version of Bali..

How far is the 'real Bali' from Nusa Dua? What i can expect there? How much do i need to spend let say for lunch and dinner?

Speaking bahasa Malay you'll do just fine here, and you can eat just a cheaply as you are used to back in KL.

The only thing you'll need to worry about is if Malaysia and Indonesia are having a football match during your visit.  In that case, best to say you're from the Philippines. :)

Cheers and have a great time!

what will happen during Malaysia and Indonesia match?...it's just a game. i hope nothing to my family when we are there

So long as the Malaysian fans aren't shinning their laser lights in our goal keeper's eyes, I suspect nothing will happen. ;)

hahah....i remember that incident ...somewhere 3yrs back if i not mistaken..

the conference secretariat told me it cost me Rp 180,000 1 way taxi from airport to Nusa Dua. Is this expensive?

how much a branded tshirt will cost there in Rupiah?

“the conference secretariat told me it cost me Rp 180,000 1 way taxi from airport to Nusa Dua. Is this expensive?”

Your conference secretariat is grossly mistaken.  On the other hand, if you take my uncle's taxi and pay him IDR 180,000 I'll be saying “matur suksama” to you, and so will he!

The fare is published at 95,000 IDR:

http://www.baliairport.com/transportation

That's the rate for the cab, so if you can hook up with a few others headed to Nusa Dua…then even less per person. 

I don't mean to seem rude, and I was just being playful with my comments about football…Malaysia versus Indonesia…BUT, you surely must be able to navigate the internet very well. 

Your English is excellent, and tee shirts here are very, very cheap, often as little as 25K.

Danish, I fully expect you'll have a wonderful time while on your conference in Bali.  If you do anything while you're here, take my earlier advice and get the hell out of southern Bali.  That experience will almost certainly be far better and more enjoyable than anything the conference will offer you.

Hi Ubudian

Thank you for your comments. It's really usefull to me.
Now i have a rough idea what to expect in Bali expecially the taxi rate.

i think my wife really love shopping there since the price of a tshirt so cheap. I hope it is original.I guess bringing RM500 (IDR 1750k) is enough to spend there. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Is my English excellent? I not think so. I still need to improve alot. How far is Pura Ulu Watu from Nusa Dua? My 1yr old son is following us,so I must check first if my son can travel far.

I can't comment on your budget as it depends on how much shopping you plan to do, if meals are part of the conference deal, etc.   But, if you get low on cash there are plenty of ATM machines all around Bali.

Nusa Dua is on the far eastern side of the Bukit Peninsula and Ulu Watu is on the opposite far western side.  We're talking about 20 or so kilometers depending on where in Nusa Dua you're staying or about a 30 minute drive.

I think your English is fine.

Have a good conference and a great time on Bali.

I'll be staying in Melia Hotel. Travelling for half an hour should not a problem for us.

Please do come and visit me if you are free. We can go for a drink.

The Melia is very nice...and great food too!  You and your family should have a wonderful time there.

Many thanks for the kind invitation to meet you there. 

Unfortunately we'll be right in the middle of our high Balinese holiday of Galungan and Kuningan during your visit so it's very unlikely I'll be able to get down to Nusa Dua during that time.

This will be a great time for you to take that road trip I mentioned earlier as all the roads will be decorated with high flag like panjars elaborately made from tall bamboo poles and highly decorated. Have a look here at what the typical roads of Bali will look like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PenjorKuningan.jpg

hi ubudian..

i'm already 3 days in bali...well t-shirt not as cheap as i thought..it cost me 250Rp for 3pcs...key chain cost me 40Rp for 4pcs...taxi cost me 600Rp frm 11am to 6.30pm.... lucnch cost me Rp180..

i went to pura uluwatu...it's on constraction....the view from the top the sea really awesome...they don't allow us to go in unless if we want to pray..just managed to take pic outside only...

melia bali really superb...the room is really comfortable and staffs very friendly...during brekafast..the menu almost same everyday.