What are your burning questions as an EXPAT?

Hey fellow expats from around the world,

I'm Tania- I'm Canadian and have been an expat 7 times across Europe, Australia, Japan and China.
I recently moved back to Toronto after 5 years abroad and so much has changed that I feel like an expat in my own hometown. Any of you feel like that after repatriating?

I'm really curious: 
For current EXPATS, what are 2 things you wish you had to support you in creating a life in a new place? ( i.e a local buddy to ask questions to, articles on set up, neighbourhood walk around tour, life coaching sessions etc)

For REPATRIATES: What is most difficult about coming home after being abroad?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and how we can support each other via the community.
Cheers, Tania

Hello tdesa.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Your message has been moved to the Toronto Forum for more visibility.

Thanks.

Karen :)

It would be nice to have local friends with experience navigating the bureaucracy: In Quebec even the language can be a barrier sometimes.

Thanks for the welcome (and copying the message to TO forum)..my question is for ALL expats as I'm looking to understand what ANY expat feels are the gaps in support when moving to a new city.

Thanks for your feedback szocke! Sounds like a local buddy could play an important role in integration.

tdesa wrote:

For REPATRIATES: What is most difficult about coming home after being abroad?

There are a lot of answers to that one here
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=138