RIYADH

hi my name is maggie am moving to riyadh by the end of may going to work in a hospital and live on compound any help advice would be good
  cheerss  maggie.

Hi Maggie! Welcome on Expat-blog! I have moved the thread on the Riyadh forum.

Good luck
Christine

welcome in advance maggie...wat kind of advice do u need? go thru the other topics and u will find a lot abt the live here...dont worry, u will have a good time here...just be careful if u r coming as a single here

just come in, be seated, and enjoy......
the sands all yours

Welcome Maggie,

I am sure you will enjoy Riyadh.

Your coming towards the summer season..beware its going to get hot!! Temp will be 40 plus by then.

Anyway any advice you need just ask. The people on here are all very welcoming and very informative.

Weve been here just over 3 months now (from Manchester, UK) and this forum has really helped us in answering the questions we had.

Hi thanks every-one for reply i know its going to be very hot as long as there is plenty of coca cola and ice and AIRCONDITIONING i shall survive. im ok cos i dont drink mad as a hatter dont need alcohol to be daft, dont want to drive used to drive in hong kong and that was an adventure in its self. i have to say im a pure white scots as in i never get a tan get very red and will probably get sunstroke regulary need factor 500.

i have been told by many people that i will have a great time my main reason is to save for my old age as im already ninety not much longer to go lol.i would also like to travel and will have friends coming over at different times of the year we will arrange to meet in dubui, so if we want a good time we can.
the only question i have at the moment is about when i want to go shopping or eating i understand there is restrictions and i need to sit in a family area is that still true. last one do i need to wear a veil??

cheers

maggie

u seems very congenial lady,i bet u will hav good time :)

To adjust here, it's all about attitude and adaptability.  Also, I think, life experience helps.  Workplace politics, etc., my colleagues are aghast at I've already seen and know how to handle (never thought prior bad managers would ever prove to be an asset lol).

ON, yep when you go out in public you will have to wear the headscarf and the Abhaya (long black outer garment), to conform to the local dress code requirement. But thats not an issue as you will get used to it quickly as most others have done.

No probz about Aircon. Its everywhere and will keep you snugly chilled.

Ninety? You must be joking. I think you are in your mid 50s and thats YOUNG relative to me..... heh heh