Making friends

Hi all,

I'm Dan, a 24 year old from UK. I live and work in Barcelona but don't really know anyone here apart from my girlfriend.  I would love to meet up over a coffee/beer/meal to have a chat, preferably in English as, I don't know about you guys, but it gets a bit much sometimes talking 24/7 in a foreign language!!  If you fancy meeting up, send me a mail ([email protected])!

Hope to see you soon!

Sorry Dan, don't live in Barcelona but I know what you mean.  Sometimes you just want to slip back into English (language and topics).  Must be lots of Brit students in Barcelona maybe try and see where they hang out.

quieres hablar Inglés?

Hi, I just got here,  in the bigining of april, and hope to get to know Spanish and Catalan  people, to inprove my Spanish first!

So if we could do an exchange English - Spanish speaking,
at the same time as meeting new friends.
Roland  43

have you find a partner? I can't speak english very well but I think you can find someone in loquo.com

I understand, what you are saying. You could try the embassy of your country in the foreign land. Maybe you could meet people who speak English. But I think the other option is that people are truly interested in learning english, so maybe you could start an English class. Or maybe keep searching on the internet, you will find people who speaks english in your host country.

Hello Dan,

Why don't you just start organizing official Expat.com Meet ups just as we are doing on Mauritius forum, come on and check how we are organizing.

I'm sure there are a lot of things to do in Barcelona or suburbs with a fine group!

Good luck
Arlette

Hi Dan,

I'm English and my wife is Polish, we've been living here for 3 months and don't know many people either.

Would love to meet up for a coffee/beer/meal/allofabove.

Give me a shout if you are interested (anyone else feel free to give me a shout too).

John

Hi Dan,

Check out this forum, looks like there is going to be a bunch of people meeting up on Sept 11. 

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42017

You should come along.

Brenda