Application online for QRP

Hi ... I was just reading here about the QRP. It was mentioned that you can apply "online". What website is that application on? I just arrived in Belize last week and will rent for a while. Will the Govt accept "online" letters and statements? or do they prefer FedEx directly to them?

Thanks

Hello George2121.

A new thread has been created from your message on the Belize Forum for more visibility and interaction.

Thanks and all the best.

Karen :)

http://www.belizeretirement.org/application.shtml

501-223-1913 or 1-800-624-0686 for more information

Thanks,Nichi, for this info. on QRP. Would you recommend we use an attorney for this (as well as for arrangements related to transferring our pet to Belize)? We'll be moving to Corozal in June, also, coming in March to finalize arrangements on our house at Royal Colony Estates. Your input is appreciated. RICK

Hi Rick.
I applied for entry in to the "QRP" without using an attorney/facilitator. The process isn't at all difficult once you have the necessary supporting documentation that is required to support your application.
From the point of the submission of the application it took around 8 weeks before I was advised that my application had been approved.
I should add though that we had already moved to Belize. I do not believe though that things would have been much different had we still been living in the UK when I made application.
Do not know about bringing a pet in though.

Good luck.
John

abelizehomeforus.wordpress.com

[email protected]
[email protected]

To get your pet into Belize, you have to advise the BAHA when you are arriving here.
You need to scan the health certificate stating that your pet/s is in good health - from your local vet -plus rabies vaccination(which should be good for 1 year) plus any other vaccination certificates, etc.
This should be done about 2 weeks before leaving. You can't do it too far in advance.

I sent an email with the attached documents to BAHA (above)and they confirmed receipt via email a few days later.  They said the permit would be ready in 5 days. 

You have to put your name - address and phone number on the email plus the details of where you will be staying in Belize and your PORT OF ENTRY. You need to put the breed and weight of the animal, sex and whether it is spayed or neutered, as well as the age or DoB, any microchip numbers and distinguishing markings. Make sure the vet papers match the details that you send them.
Print out a copy of that email (yours and theirs) and carry it with you. My permit was lost, but as I had a copy of the email - they found it in the computer system at the port of entry.
You then have to pay the entry fee at the BAHA office at the port of entry. They charge an extra $5 to do it via email -but it is well worth it.
Even though you have emailed the vet documents - carry the original documents with you, I also had photocopies of everything to leave with the BAHA office.
BAHA will do a quick check of the animal. Then you can enter with your pet.
Once you are in the country you can apply for a pet passport - which will save you having to get individual permits if you exit and re-enter at any time.