I was attack by drunken people.

i was attacked by drunken people.

Big thanks to local police.  I had no idea what to do,
Next door (resort across the road) had a party with a very loud music on Sunday evening. Me and my child were suffering from a terrible headache from bass sounds. Then my husband  went there and asked them for put volume down. When party is end, about 10 people showed up at our house
door completely drunk, a woman who also very drunk, she was  waving her arms banging on the windows and door insults me and my family big time, tried to hit me in the face and yelling  go out foreigners from my country. She and her friends tried to break into my house, where right behind the door is my 5 month old baby was slept. Thanks god police was there. I was never before so stressed and frightened for the safety of my child. Up to this day, we always felt nothing but positive and welcome. Now I really want to go home.
I was so shocked, I open the door and i saw that. I could not say many words, I tried, but they did not want to know. I don't have time for application, the court, the lawyers.

The scar will stay in my heart forever.

P.S. English is not my first language, sorry for spelling, still emotions.

Hi Zekia,

I feel sorry for such bad experience you have in recent time.
Normally here people don't respect the situation around their surrounding. It's like we also suffer the same situation when their is some religious activity or social drama is going on.
But I would suggest not to act alone in such situation like what your husband did because in your case people were drunk and they are no control in such condition.
Even Indian Law is very weak when someone attack while drunk.
So its better to call police and lodge a written complaint that they are playing music very loud or after 10 P.M. in night.
If you are still worried about such situation. Then you can contact your embassy in India any where, they have special staff from Police administration which is always helpful to foreigners because they can speak English and other languages very well. Embassy will provide you special number of the officer of higher rank.
Good thing is that these official can also do counselling with you to make you feel satisfied and relax.
I hope you have pleasant stay in India.
Greetings
Sachin

Hi Zekia,

Sorry to read about what happened to you. I hope you are getting better physically and mentally from Sunday incident :/

Lucky the police was here for a rapid intervention ;)

Wish you recover quickly, feel safe again and hope that scar fade away with time !

Maximilien

Really sorry to hear this.....thank god you all are safe, police did a great job here.

Big thanks for your support.

Thank you very much for your support.

This is very bad thing to ill-treat foreigners!
You better shift into more safer place with decent neighboring.

Please move to a safe neighborhood.

prakashelios wrote:

To all Foreigners,

Please do not have an idea of peaceful 18th century India as of today. It really has changed now.

To Zekia,

lol really 18th century was peaceful.....sounds hillarious

prakashelios wrote:

To all Foreigners,

Please do not have an idea of peaceful 18th century India as of today. It really has changed now.

To Zekia,

To all foreigners...????

sounds very "welcome"

What in 18th century it's was no attack, insult, racism and discrimination?
Never believe it. this is not the time, I believe that is individual culture and education.
I am not the first and not the last one.

Hi,
My opinion is you must escalate the issue to police through your embassy. Surely Chennai police will help you and put a full stop if you approach them thru proper channel.So contact them and let them book the culprits.
Rgds,
Karan

Hi,
Sometimes it happens in worst scenario, you don't have to worry about it. Before choosing a place to stay in India, avoid too many teenagers as your neighborhood, because there are some peoples who doesn't care about others since they have money to buy any kind of problems.