Budget accomodation in District 1?

Hi all,

I am looking at taking my first trip to Vietnam in the middle of September.

I currently live in Phuket Thailand but I'm considering moving to HCMC in the near future so I want to take a look at Saigon to see if its really a place I would like to live!

Can anyone recommend any good budget hotels centrally located in Ho Chi Minh City? Ideally one that offers more modern style rooms, free wifi, maybe a pool, within a walkable or short driving distance to most of the tourist sites and nightlife areas ... hopefully for around 50USD or less per night??

Any advice would be appreicated!

Many thanks

Hi,

You might consider living on Bùi Viện street, dist. 1 where gather most foreigner. it is located in the city's center. it very convenient to walk around.

cheer,

welcome to Saigon .although i'm very bad speak English ,but i eagering to say hello .hope to show you what i can about this city .How long will you  stay/living here ?

You'll find some modern hotels (without the pool) for $30 a night in District 1. There's the Nam Hy Hotel on Nguyen Trai Street that offers around that.

The low end would be like 100,000 VND ($5) a night.

But if you are keen set on wanting a pool, you'll have to look else where. Going through my head of which hotels have pools and is around $50 doesn't come to mind.
I'll have to check but maybe the Sherwood Apts in D3 close to D1 can be had for that price.

**UPDATE**

I took a quick search on Agoda, came across May Hotel Saigon. It fits your price range with a pool. I never been but there's one option.

http://tinyurl.com/mayhotelsaigon

---

If I were you I would try staying at different district while here. District 1 is the city center with all the businesses and tourist for the most part. District 3 is just as close but has more on the Vietnamese feel. District 2 especially in Thao Dien is where a lot of expats reside; a quieter area a short distance away from the city; highly recommend going to Thao Dien Village, the Authentic Spa, and the Boutique Hotel for at least one night.  Then there's District 7 which isn't like Vietnam to me; it's more modern with big roads, big malls, big lake, but a bit far from District 1.

So don't just stick to one location if you want to live here. Because there are many more places to live especially if you dont speak the language.

welcome to Saigon, I think you should come to Saigon (HOchiminh city), there are so many foreigners living here

Hotels in Le Lai, Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham, Bui Vien streets in District 1 may be convenient for you!

Hi,
There are many hotels at that price. Just tell me how long you will stay so that I could suggest the best one for you.
Cheers,
Tommy

Hi, Xaviar
Welcome to HCMC. Nice to meet you.

Francis.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Really looking for to my trip to HCMC in September.

I think it is definitely best to check out District 1, 2 and 3 whilst I am there. I'm planning to stay for 5 nights on my first visit just to get a feel for the city and then perhaps move there in October or November if I like it. :)

I work in the hotel industry so I'm hoping I will find something in that line of work!?

lutubu wrote:

Hi,

You might consider living on Bùi Viện street, dist. 1 where gather most foreigner. it is located in the city's center. it very convenient to walk around.

cheer,

But hotel around Bui Vien dont have pool :)

Yuli

With that budget. I think you can check in at a lot nice hotels in Dict 1 but with out pool i think so. So If you want go around the center, better you book in dict 1. The best road i think Ly Tu Trong street Dict 1 or any hotel near Ben Thanh Market area are nice also. You can take a look in page: booking.com

Hope you have nice trip.

Hi! if you are really in for a pool and a nice place(decent) to sleep. I recommend this. It is in Binh Thanh, you can learn to ride a bus to have a cheap fare to go all over HCM, just be careful of pickpockets and snatchers. always take a grip of your cellphones and bags.  Good luck !  :)https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1462460?af=86284&c=1462460

Xaviar84 wrote:

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Really looking for to my trip to HCMC in September.

I think it is definitely best to check out District 1, 2 and 3 whilst I am there. I'm planning to stay for 5 nights on my first visit just to get a feel for the city and then perhaps move there in October or November if I like it. :)

I work in the hotel industry so I'm hoping I will find something in that line of work!?

I suggest you to stay in Thien Tung 3* Hotel in Dist 1. It is in walking distance to the center, near ben Thanh Market, with just $40/night, with swimming pool as your request. If you like, just drop me a line.
Cheers,
Tommy

Xaviar84 wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking at taking my first trip to Vietnam in the middle of September.

I currently live in Phuket Thailand but I'm considering moving to HCMC in the near future so I want to take a look at Saigon to see if its really a place I would like to live!

Can anyone recommend any good budget hotels centrally located in Ho Chi Minh City? Ideally one that offers more modern style rooms, free wifi, maybe a pool, within a walkable or short driving distance to most of the tourist sites and nightlife areas ... hopefully for around 50USD or less per night??

Any advice would be appreicated!

Many thanks

not enough for room in a hotel with swimming pool,,,but 50 $ you may have many choices

Budget Hostel 2 is $4.50 USD (90,000 VND)/night

:D:D

Thanks everyone for the advice... I guess I dont need a swimming pool, it would just be an added bonus!

Can anyone suggest any good hotels in the areas mentioned above?

I am looking to stay between the 18th and 23rd Sept and really want to get something booked within the next few days :)

Hello,

How long you will be in Ho Chi Minh? Just travel or business trip. For 50$ You can have many choises in central city.If you any support pls contact me. I will help you like frendship/

Asian ruby hotel, thi sach street district 1.. My mom and I stayed here when I first went here to Vietnam.. It's nice even though I think it is only 3 star hotel but you have free breakfast :)

Hi !  district 1 have so  many good hotel to stay in i suggest you look at Hoang hai long 28 -30 Nguyen an ninh d1 .with your price offer or you can check at booking .com

Budget accomodations can be had from $3 to $5 per night for a shared mix dorm. Single rooms for $10 and up.  If your budget is $50 a night you can easily find nice accomodations on agoda.  I prefer the New York hotel in the back packer area. Prices from $15 -$25 a night, staff is nice, lots of places to eat and drink nearby.

Hi and welcome , try Agoda or combined hotels/ hotelscombined, I got the Kingston hotel 3.5 star for 43$ aud district 1 all the goodies

Yuli_nguyen wrote:
lutubu wrote:

Hi,

cheer,

But hotel around Bui Vien dont have pool :)

Yuli

Hi Yuli_nguyen,

Maybe you right :top:

Nice too see you!
Best wish,
:whistle: