Hii

My name is Timmi and I am interested in exploring San Miguel de Allende as a town to relocate to within the next couple of years.
  As I have been researching I have been getting conflicting information about what it is like.  Obviously everyone is looking for something different and San Miguel is not for everyone.
  I am looking for an easy going lifestyle where I can learn to relax and enjoy life.  Any insights and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be tempted to post in the Mexico forum.

Hello Timmi.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have moved your message to the San Miguel de Allende Forum for more visibility and interaction with other members.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Life is easy here in San Miguel. A slow pace is the norm. People are sociable and there is a lot to do if you are so inclined. If you are interested in culture, San Miguel is the best place to live in Mexico  aside from Mexico City (big city life). A variety of music and theatre productions are available. We have art openings every week. We have several music festivals and a  short film  festival every year. Crime is low. The cost of living is reasonable. What more could you ask for?
C. Hammond