Searching for Jobs with a Visit Pass?

Hi there,

I am thinking of relocating to Singapore soon.

My questions are :
1) Can I legally enter Singapore with a Visit Pass if the purpose of my visit is to find a job?

2) If not, what did you guys say to the Immigration Agent when you arrived at the airport?

Thank you very much !

It is legal to look for a job and attend interviews while visiting Singapore on a Visit Pass.
If you find a job (which is by no means assured, or easy), the company applies for your work visa (WP or EP). You may have to leave the country if your Visit Pass cannot be converted or renewed.

Ok, it is reassuring.

By the way :

1) Can I get a Sim Card with a visit pass?
2) Can I open a bank account with a visit pass? (if yes, which bank(s))
3) Can I obtain a short-term accommodation with a visit pass?

Thank you beppi !

1. Yes. You have to register the SIM card with your name and address, but as far as I know, pre-paid cards are sold to foreigners, too. (Post-paid plans are only for residents.)
2. Legally, this is possible. So it depends on the individual bank (and sometimes branch) whether they do it and what the conditions are. You might need a guarantee letter from an existing customer, or a higher minimum deposit. Just ask at a few bank branches and compare!
3. Short-term accommodation (i.e. hotels, hostels and serviced apartments) are open to visitors. Renting residential property requires a minimum 6-month residency visa.
Short-term accommodation costs a lot more than residential property.

Thank you beppi ! It's really helpful.

Does HDB also refer to a residential property?

HDB is  (governmentally subsidized) low cost housing.