My Philippine Friend is in Dubai Can she come to the US ?

My Philippine Friend is in Dubai, I found her a job in the US, how long will it take after the employer signs the permit request.

Can she marry an American while she is here ?

Hello Jove.

I have moved your message to the USA Forum for more visibility.

Thanks and all the best.

Karen :)

I am wondering how long it will take as she would need to send a request to the employer in order to get a permit, . . this is a seasonal position so it may be to late this year ?

I imagine that a work visa is the application procedure.

How long will what take?

Gonna have to prove she has a special talent, such as RN or physical therapist, that cannot be done by an American.  A seasonal job does not sound promising, will take many months in any event.

Seasonal nurses are the worst.  Take 2 pills and come back next spring.

If she can get an employer to sponsor her, then she can get married in the US. My wife was in the US on a student visa when we got married, and USCIS let us apply for a green card the day after we got married. The hard part is getting a visa to come here and find someone that she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

Thanks, . . she is from the Philippines, and we are looking into the formalities of divorce there since she was previously married, . . she has been separated for years but could not afford a divorce. I believe I can get a work permit for here if it will be cleared by the US and the Philippine immigration services, (non-immigration visa).

THERE IS NO DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES !!!
Now you are really seeking to pretend the marriage never existed, an annulment.  Can't imagine she can accomplish that by sending paperwork from afar.