Taxes on imported goods and shipping companies

Hello fellow expats!

We are currently in the process of shipping goods to Panama from the US. We are planning on taking a 20 ft container and wondering how much we'll need to pay at customs. Any info on your experience will be much appreciated.

Also, what company did you use? I found one company but was skeptical that they need everything paid in full before we receive our goods. Usually you pay a deposit and then pay the rest when you receive your goods. Any shipping companies would also be greatly appreciated!!

One more month until our big move...nervous but excited!!

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa:
We are now in the same boat as you were preparing to move to Panama, and we were wondering how did you resolve the move? What company did you use and what was the tax cost? We will be moving from Canada in the next few months.
Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
We hope you are settling in your new home!
Best wishes:
John & Amira

Hello all,

I need to do some more reading as the rules have changed. Initially, you were allowed up to $10,000.00 USD value on imported items. I need to find the writings again to confirm it.  When I find it, I will copy and paste either the posting or the link.

Best of wishes on your moves and hope you get the correct information,

Captain Steve

Hello all,

I have a link to an attorney whose page will give a lot of information. Hope this helps.

Website
panamalawyermayralamboglia.com/Services.htm

both english & spanish speaking.

Captain Steve