Can any one help me out about cost of living in Manama,bahrain

Hello all,

My husband got an offer in Bahrain with a package of 1600 BHD with all inclusive

I'm new to middle east countries.So I don ve have any idea abt city and living expense over thr.

Can any one help me out about cost of living in Manama,bahrain

Is 1600 BHD good for family life. I am married and have one 5 years old son.We are Indians, and have an average Indian lifestyle.

Thanks!

Hi Thanu,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Bahrain Forum :)

You should maybe browse through the discussions regarding the Cost of living in Bahrain please as it might help

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Thanu
Welcome to Bahrain and the forum.

In simple words, the package offered seems good. You will be able to lead a fairly comfortable life with that income level.

Please do take time to read the Definitive Guide on this link: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960

There have also been some recent discussions on cost of living on the forum. This discussion is similar to your situation: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=290296

Please take a look at these and then let us know if you have any specific questions.

Best wishes.

As Farhaz said , there are multiple threads already running on this forum  which will answer your query . however in brief i would like to mention few main expanses , a fully furnished 2 BHK flat will cost you (300-500 , depends on area) BHD per month , school for your kid in DPS will cost you around 120 BHD , for transportation , if you have Driving license then a normal sedan rental will cost you around 150 BD , fuel is dirt cheap say around 20 BD per month, taxis are not very cheap here however if you use private taxis they are reasonably OK,  mobile bills around 25 BD , rest is your household expanses which you should easily able to manage in 300 BHD( obviously it depends on your life style). rest all is your saving.