Bringing your dog in Suzhou - recommended or no

We are trying to find out about a dog's life in Suzhou.  After touring the city today, and seeing only 3 small dogs, we are concerned that perhaps Suzhou may not be the place for our furry family member.  Also, we are concerned about the relocation process for our young lab/German Short-hair pup and how stressful it may be on her (we are relocating from Chicago, IL).  I have heard some scary stories and am looking for information from people who have actually moved (or chosen not to move) their pets with them.  Does anyone have any input?

Hi, we are from Germany, moved to Suzhou last year, brought our medium size dog. Don't worry, it is fine, it is ok, life in german Countryside was a lot better for doggy but he adjusted here. A lot of Dogs around, even bigger ones, their lives are different here but they can manage. we also lived in the US Close to Chigaco, loved it there. Greetings Susanne

We're from Springfield, MO, and we did bring both of our cats to Suzhou with us, and it's been a little over 2 years now. The documentation was pretty easy actually, the hard part was the air travel...

Health provider might be the main concern of all pets owner here in China, and I was lucky to have friends introduced me to a very nice vet, and not over priced. He is the vet for the "humane society" here in Suzhou. Although the humane socety here is formed by pet lovers, not government. If anyone need the info for this vet, please contact me.

The weather here is extremely different from US, and you might not want to have your dog outdoor or in the yard a lot. There's lots of weird diceases here in China that we're not familier about back in US. So it might be safer to keep your pets indoor most of the time.

Pet's food you can easily get online, kinda like Chinese version of ebay. You'll find good stuff here with a lot lower price than the actual stores. But they'll all be more expensive then US. For example, the cat food I used to get in Petsmart was around $32 for 26 pounds, and I'm paying about the same price for 7 pounds.

Hi, ALL, I  notice this topic is inactive for over a year, but we are planning to move to Suzhou around end of this year 2018, anyone can help with advise or tell us your experience of relocating dogs to Suzhou? Cheers

Hi there,
I know this post was a while ago but I'm wondering if you ended up bringing your dog to Suzhou? We are moving to Suzhou in a few weeks time and are likely going to bring our cat. Wondering how people have found it to move an animal there and if you were able to find good veterinary care?
Cheers!